I just read a fascinating Wall Street Journal article about how healthy foods are making a marketing push for inclusion in the Super Bowl Eating Frenzy.
Did you know that Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest eating occasion after Thanksgiving?
According to NPD Group, a New York market research firm, on Sunday Americans will eat 100 million pounds of chicken wings, 71.4 million pounds of avocados, 45. 8 million pounds of potato chips, 43.2 million pounds of tortilla chips, 13. 2 million pounds of pretzels, and order more than 4.4 million pizzas from Domino's, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut.
Can you even begin to fathom how many Weight Watchers Points that is????
Several healthy foods - baby carrots, yogurt, avocados, and whole grain pretzels - are showing up more in the Super Bowl Party food fest. That's good news both for the producers of these healthy foods and for those of us trying to get (or stay) slim and healthy 🙂
If you're planning to have attend a Super Bowl Party this weekend, one of the best things you can do, is bring along a healthy superbowl recipe to share. That way you are guaranteed of feeling good about at least one of the foods you eat! (Here are more helpful game day survival strategies for weight watchers.)
So, here's a roundup of easy healthy superbowl recipes for you, including appetizers and snacks, soups and chilis, pizza and desserts. Enjoy!
Easy Healthy Super Bowl Party Food Ideas
Appetizers & Snacks
Appetizers & Snacks are a big part of most Super Bowl parties.
I like to keep appetizers and snacks simple. Complicated hors d'oeuvres are not my thing. Bowls of mixed nuts, baby carrots, ripe cherry tomatoes, potato chips, pretzels, tortilla chips, popcorn, Triscuits, smoked salmon and shrimp are my more my speed.
Add a tasty easy healthy dip or two and you have a ready made party with minimal effort.
Here are 25 of my favorites gathered from the archives.
- 16 Slim & Healthy Low Fat Dips
A great collection of favorites - artichoke dip, spinach dip, bean dip, taco dip - and more - made lighter and healthier
- Easy Fresh Tomato Salsa
This quick and easy pico de gallo has 0 WW Points per serving
- Guacamole Recipes
A Super Bowl Party wouldn't be complete with a bowl of guacamole - a great source of healthy monounsaturated fats
- Mini Bean and Cheese Bites
AMAZINGLY quick and easy mini-filo filled cups of deliciousness
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
Satisfy your craving for buffalo wings with these mini filo-filled morsels
- Skinny Cheese & Bean Nachos
A lighter, healthier alternative when you're craving nachos
- Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins
Fun food at its finest with just 2 WW Points
Soups & Chilis
What could be easier, healthier and more delicious than a couple of delicious for a mid-winter Super Bowl Party, than soup or chili simmering away on the stove or in the slow cooker?
- Easy Taco Soup
For the crock pot or stove top that stirs together in minutes with 6 WW SmartPoints per serving
- Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Chili
Packed with flavor without being too spicy, this easy slow cooker BBQ turkey chili is like a cross between traditional southwest-style chili and sloppy joe's
- Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
A lighter healthier chili with just 0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Quick & Easy Chicken White Bean Salsa Soup
A simply delicious soup everyone will love
- Slow Cooker 3-Bean Turkey Chili
My favorite chile recipe to date
- Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball soup
Easy to make, healthy and satisfying
- Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Verde
A lightened up version of the Mexican classic that will tantalize your tastebuds
Tacos, Pizza & Sandwiches
- 15 Slow Cooker Taco Fillings
For the perfect party in a pot!
- Healthy 3 Cheese Garden Vegetable Pizza
With whole wheat crust and 4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints per slice
- Lightened Up French Bread Pizza
So much better than the frozen kind from a box
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
With just 3-ingredients pulled pork doesn't get much easier or healthier
Desserts & Sweet Treats
- Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Mini Bars
Satisfy a sweet craving with just 4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Chocolate Topped Peanut Butter Oat Bars
A classic sweet treat that's hard to beat
- Crock Pot Rice Krispie Treats
A classic sweet treat made easy!
- German Chocolate Mini Cupcakes
With just 72 calories and 3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints, these little chocolate cakes will disappear quickly
- Moist & Chewy Low Fat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
A winning sweet treat with 7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- No Bake Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Balls
You'll never guess the secret ingredient in these sweet and creamy treats
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Easy, sweet and satisfying with 5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Skinny S'mores Cookies
Sweet and satisfying with half the fat and calories of traditional cookies
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites - A skinny clever 2-ingredient appetizer wit 2 WW Points+ you'll find hard to resist from Gina at SkinnyTaste.
- Loaded Turkey Santa Fe Baked Potato Skins - A slim and healthy version of a Sport's Bar Favorite with 1 WW Points+ from Gina at SkinnyTaste.
- Oven Fried Chicken Skewers - Light and healthy chicken tenders with 4 WW Points+ found at Laaloosh.
- Rosemary Party Nuts - Simple and delicious from Alanna at Kitchen Parade
- Pizza on a Stick - a light and clever way to enjoy the flavors of pizza from Emily Bites.
- Skinny Mini Reuben Appetizers - a delicious way to enjoy the flavors of a reuben in a 1 WW Points+ appetizer from Nancy at Skinny Kitchen
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!