WW Recipe of the Day: Hungry Girl’s English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza
(230 calories | *6 WW SmartPoints)
I enjoyed this English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza for lunch recently. I have to say it was the most fun and tasty lunch I had made for myself in a while.
I’ve loved English muffin pizzas since I was a kid. Back then we never made anything as fancy as an English muffin Hawaiian pizza. We mostly ate them plain, with a little tomato sauce and mozzarella.
My mom, sister and brother love to remind me of the night I ate 13 of them for supper. And I remind them that I didn’t get fat by eating small. I was a big girl with a big appetite back then!
I got the idea for this English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza from Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien. It’s the first recipe in her cookbook, Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet .
Needless to say, the description of this Easy Hawaiian Pizza with sauce, cheese, ham and pineapple was enough to get me excited.
It’s quick and easy too. All you need is about 5 minutes to put it together and another 8 to 10 minutes to let it bake.
Skinny on Hungry Girl’s English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza
I adapted the recipe slightly, to work with what I had on hand.
I substituted tomato sauce with a little Italian seasoning mixed in for the low-fat marinara.
I replaced pineapple tidbits for the pineapple ring.
And shredded part-skim mozzarella for the string cheese, which is really the same thing, isn’t it?
Served with a tossed green salad, this made an easy, healthy and delicious lunch.
The entire recipe has just 230 calories and *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you enjoy this easy recipe for English muffin Hawaiian pizza, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Pepperoni Pizza Mini Muffins, Skinny Slow Cooker Pizza Dip, Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins, 20-Minute Chicken Flatbread and Lightened Up French Bread Pizza
If you’ve made this lightened up English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Hungry Girl's English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza Recipe
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 light, whole-wheat, English muffin, split in half
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. (I used the toaster oven). Line a baking pan with foil and spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
- Toast the English muffin lightly.
- Remove English muffin from the oven and spread 1 tablespoon sauce on each muffin half.
- Place the muffin halves on your prepared baking pan. Distribute the cheese, ham, pineapple, and onion evenly over the muffin halves.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until heated through.
Source: slightly adapted from: Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet by Lisa Lillien
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s a WW video with 3 healthy pizza recipes…
If You like Hungry Girl’s Hawaiian English Muffin Pizza, You Might Also Like:
- Healthy 3-Cheese Garden Vegetable Pizza
- Easy Whole Wheat Pizza with Artichokes
- Chicken Flatbread with Salsa Verde
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!