WW Recipe of the Day: Easy 2-Ingredient Pineapple Cake
(170 calories | *7 WW SmartPoints)
This easy 2-Ingredient Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake stirs together in minutes. All you need is a box of angel food cake mix and can of crushed pineapple to create a moist and delicious low calorie cake everyone will love.
It’s nice to have a few simple recipes like this Weight Watchers pineapple angel food cake on hand when you need a quick and easy dessert that requires minimal effort.
With only 2 ingredients – a box of angel food cake mix and can of crushed pineapple – it stirs together in minutes.
How Many SmartPoints in this WW Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe?
According to my calculations each serving has 148 calories and 4* Weight Watchers Points Plus. This has increased to 7* SmartPoints, a relative bargain on the new WW Freestyle Program.
How to Make 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Watch how easy it is to make this low fat cake with just two common ingredients:
Step 1: Gather and prepare ingredients.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl , stir together the dry cake mix and the entire can of crushed pineapple with its juice. Stir well until all the dry mix is incorporated. The mixture will get really foamy.
Step 3: Pour the batter into a 13×9-inch baking pan which has been lightly greased with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 4: Bake at 350F degrees for time specified on the box for size pan. When the sides pull away from pan and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the cake is done. This take somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes.
Step 5: Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe Notes
Be sure to use the 1-step angel food cake mix, like the one from Betty Crocker, that says, “just add water.”
And you’ll want a 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple in juice (not heavy syrup).
I’ve only ever made it in a 9×13-inch pan. I’ve read elsewhere that you can also use a tube pan or cupcake pan, but I’ve never tried it.
One reader tried cupcakes and left a comment that it didn’t work. So, I’d suggest sticking with a 9×13-pan unless you are feeling adventurous and willing to take a risk.
In the AllRecipes video below, they add 1/2 cup shredded coconut and 1/2 teaspoon rum extract to the batter for a tropical twist, a variation I intend to try next time I make this easy, delicious, satisfying cake.
And a little dollop of light whipped cream or topping never hurts. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy pineapple angel food cake, be sure to check out some of my other lightened up Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipes including Slow Cooker Apple Cake, WW Baked Doughnuts, Low-Fat Lemon Bars, Crock Pot Fruit Cocktail Cake and Weight Watchers Club Soda Cake
If you’ve made this 2-Ingredient Pineapple Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Weight Watchers 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 box (1-step) angel food cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 large can (about 20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake and the entire can of crushed pineapple with its juice. Stir well until all the dry mix is incorporated. (The mixture will get really foamy.)
- Pour the batter into a 9x13 pan which has been lightly greased with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F degrees for time specified on the box for size pan. When the sides pull away from pan and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the cake is done. This should take somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Source: Betty Crocker
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how easy it is to make this pineapple angel food cake with coconut in this AllRecipes Video:
Two of the three top recipes on Simple Nourished Living right now are:
- This easy 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake, and
- Weight Watchers 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake, another quick and easy sweet treat with less than 100 calories!
I love that on the Weight Watchers Program it’s possible to enjoy the occasional sweet, provided you plan for it!!
More Easy Weight Watchers Recipes for Skinny Desserts:
- 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Forest Cake
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
- 3-Ingredient Non-Fat Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 35 Skinny Desserts with 3 SmartPoints or Less
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!