WW Recipe of the Day: Easy 2-Ingredient Pineapple Cake
This easy 2-Ingredient Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake stirs together in minutes. All you need is a box of angel food cake mix and can of crushed pineapple to create a moist and delicious low calorie cake everyone will love. No electric mixer or obscure ingredients required.
If you are a Weight Watchers Member you were probably introduced to this easy dessert at one of your Weight Watchers Meetings. This easy recipe has been passed around for years. It's the perfect low-calorie cake when you need a quick dessert
With only 2 simple ingredients—a box of angel food cake mix and can of crushed pineapple—it stirs together in minutes.
How Many SmartPoints in this WW Two-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe?
According to my calculations each serving has 148 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Step 1: Gather and prepare ingredients.
Step 2: Ignore the ingredients on the cake mix box. In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake mix and the entire can of crushed pineapple with its juice (NOT pineapple chunks). Stir well until all the dry mix is incorporated. The mixture will get really foamy.
Step 3: Pour batter into a 13x9-inch baking pan which has been lightly greased with nonstick spray.
Step 4: Bake at 350F degrees for time specified on the box for size pan. When the sides pull away from pan and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the cake is done. This takes somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes.You're cake should be a lovely golden brown.
Step 5: Remove pan from oven and place on a wire cooking rack to cool completely.
2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake Video
Watch how easy it is to make this low fat cake with just two common ingredients:
Can You Cook An Angel Food Cake in a 9x13 pan?
I've only ever made it in a 9x13-inch pan. I've read elsewhere that you can also use a tube pan / angel food cake pan, bundt pan or cupcake pan, but I've never tried it. However Candy recently left this comment regarding using a bundt pan for angel food:
"Made this today in a Bundt pan and added ½ cup unsweetened coconut. It does rise a bit above a 10” Bundt pan but gets crispy, like toasted coconut still came out of the pan. It’s delicious but very sweet. I was going to eat it with strawberries but it was already very sweet!~ Candy
Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe Notes
- Be sure to use the 1-step angel food cake mix, like the one from Betty Crocker, that says, "just add water."
- And you'll want a 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple in juice (not heavy syrup).
- One reader tried cupcakes and left a comment that it didn't work. So, I'd suggest sticking with a 9x13-pan unless you are feeling adventurous and willing to take a risk.
- In the AllRecipes video above, they add ½ cup shredded coconut and ½ teaspoon rum extract to the batter for even more tropical vibe, a variation I intend to try next time I make this easy, delicious, satisfying cake.
- And a little dollop of light whipped cream or topping such as cool whip never hurts.
- This delicious pineapple angle food cake is also delicious with a small scoop of ice cream and fresh berries.
- One reader added chopped fresh raspberries and coconut to the batter. She "frosted" the top with a thin layer of lemon curd. Not as WW friendly this way but it was a DELICIOUS Easter dessert for those not watching points.
- Some folks like to mix another can of drained crushed pineapple with a tub of lite cool whip for a frosting.
- A serrated knife makes cutting this cake easier.
How Should I Store This Pineapple Cake?
Store your pineapple cake for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Cake slices can be frozen for up to 2 months. Wrap pieces individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag.
If you like this Weight Watchers Cake Recipe be sure to check out some of my other lightened up low fat dessert options: Slow Cooker Apple Cake, WW Baked Doughnuts, Low-Fat Lemon Bars, Crock Pot Fruit Cocktail Cake and Weight Watchers Club Soda Cake
If you've made this 2-Ingredient Pineapple Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 box (1-step) angel food cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 large can (about 20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake and the entire can of crushed pineapple with its juice. Stir well until all the dry mix is incorporated. (The mixture will get really foamy.)
- Pour the batter into a 9x13 pan which has been lightly greased with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F degrees for time specified on the box for size pan. When the sides pull away from pan and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the cake is done. This should take somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Source: Betty Crocker
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Is Angel Food Cake OK on Weight Watchers?
The great thing about Weight Watchers is that nothing is off limits provided you plan for it. That being said, Yes, angel food cake is a popular dessert with Weight Watchers members. It is a relatively low fat, low calorie calorie, and low Points way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Is Angel Food Cake Good for Weight Loss?
Angel food cake is a good choice for those watching their weight because it has fat and is low in calories. This is because it is made with only egg whites—no butter, oil or egg yolks. It has only about 130 calories per slice.
If you prefer Single Serve Desserts, be sure to check out this recipe for 3-Ingredient Pineapple Mug Cake:
Or this 3-2-1 Chocolate Mug Cake...
Two of the three top recipes on Simple Nourished Living right now are:
- This easy 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake, and
- Weight Watchers 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake, another quick and easy sweet treat with less than 100 calories!
I love that on the Weight Watchers Program it's possible to enjoy the occasional sweet, provided you plan for it!!
More Easy Weight Watchers Favorite Desserts
- 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Forest Cake
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
- 3-Ingredient Non-Fat Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 35 Skinny Desserts with 3 SmartPoints or Less
- 3-Ingredient Pineapple Mug Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Updated 1/2023 with additional instructions, answers to frequently asked questions, and reader comments.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!