Recipe of the Day: Easy Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake
This easy 2-Ingredient Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake has been floating around Weight Watchers meetings for decades.
And it’s all over the internet.
It’s nice to have a few simple recipes like this Weight Watchers pineapple angel food cake on hand when you need a quick and dessert that requires minimal effort.
With only 2 ingredients – a box of angel food cake mix and can of crushed pineapple – it stirs together in minutes.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Be sure to use the 1-step angel food cake mix, like the one from Betty Crocker, that says, “just add water.” And you’ll want a 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple in juice (not heavy syrup.) And DO NOT GREASE your pan. That’s really all there is to it.
I’ve only ever made it in a 9×13-inch pan. I’ve read elsewhere that you can also use a tube pan or cupcake pan, but I’ve never tried it.
One reader, tried cupcakes and left a comment that it didn’t work. So, I’d suggest sticking with a 9×13-pan unless you are feeling adventurous and willing to take a risk.
If think a little shredded coconut sprinkled on top before baking would be a nice addition. And a little dollop of light whipped cream or topping never hurts.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
According to my calculations each serving has 148 calories and 4* Weight Watchers Points Plus. This has increased to 7* SmartPoints! Enjoy!
- 1 box (1-step) angel food cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 1 large can (about 20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake and the entire can of crushed pineapple with its juice. Stir well until all the dry mix is incorporated. (The mixture will get really foamy.)
- Pour the batter into a 9x13 pan. (DO NOT GREASE THE PAN.)
- Bake at 350F degrees for time specified on the box for size pan. When the sides pull away from pan and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the cake is done. (About 30-40 minutes for a 9x13-inch pan.)
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Source: Betty Crocker
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Two of the three top recipes on this site right now are:
- This easy 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake, and
- Weight Watchers 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake, another quick and easy sweet treat with less than 100 calories!
I love that on the Weight Watchers Program it’s possible to enjoy the occasional sweet provided you plan for it!!
More Easy Weight Watchers Recipes for Skinny Desserts:
- 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Forest Cake
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
- 3-Ingredient Non-Fat Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 35 Skinny Desserts with 3 SmartPoints or Less
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.