WW Recipe of the Day – 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Forest Cake
(207 calories | *9 WW SmartPoints)
I’ve decided NOT to listen to it. Heather is very sweet and I enjoyed talking with her about healthy cooking and weight loss. But, it was my first radio interview and I was very nervous. I know that if I listen to it and hear and all my stammering and ummmmmmmssssss—my hypercritical, inner-self will have a field day, something best avoided!
On a sweeter note, Valentine’s Day is only a few days away. Do you have a plan?
We’re having dinner at home, though I have no idea what I’m making. As long as there’s champagne and chocolate I’ll be happy!
I think that chocolate is a must for Valentine’s Day, so last year I compiled a list of 14 Favorite Weight Watchers Friendly Chocolate Recipes that never fail to please.
Which makes me realize I should compile another list of all the yummy chocolate recipes I’ve made since then.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Black Forest Cake
And I’ve been playing around with several more chocolate recipes recently. Last week I stirred together this super simple 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Forest Cake. It was a big hit.
Especially considering how easy it is.
You just stir together a box of chocolate butter style cake mix and cherry pie filling. I opted for lite cherry pie filling, which has about 40 fewer calories per serving and no artificial sweeteners, which I hate.
Rod enjoyed a little bit warmed up for dessert several nights in a row, the sure sign of a winner. This Black Forest Cake is definitely best served warm. And a little scoop of vanilla ice cream doesn’t hurt either.
It would make an easy, delicious Valentine’s Day dessert perfect for chocolate covered cherry fans.
According to my calculations, each serving has 207 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Slow Cooker 2-Ingredient Black Forest Cake Recipe Notes
I’m curious to experiment with different cake mix and pie filling flavors. I think chocolate and raspberry would be delicious. As would yellow cake mix and peach pie filling.
I’ve also seen alternative recipes designed for the oven that intrigue me. They call for 1 box of cake mix, 2 to 3 eggs, and 1 can pie filling that you stir together and bake in a 9×13-inch pan at 350F degrees for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Added to my want to try list.
If you’ve made this 2-Ingredient Black Forest Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Forest Cake Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) lite cherry pie filling
- 1 box (15 to 18 ounces) chocolate butter style cake mix
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: A large one that will fit a baking dish inside of it. (I used my 6-Quart.)
- Preheat the slow cooker on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Coat a baking dish that will fit inside your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the pie filling and dry cake mix until the mix is thoroughly moistened. (The mixture will be very thick.)
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the baking dish into your slow cooker.
- Place a chopstick or wooden spoon handle at one end of the slow cooker to vent the lid. (The slow cooker should be covered but propped open a crack at one end to prevent condensation from building up and dripping back into the cake.)
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. (I cooked mine about 3-1/2 hours.)
- Carefully, remove the baking dish from the crock pot and place it on heat proof surface.
- Serve the cake warm, scooping it out directly from the baking dish.
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this No-Fuss 2-Ingredient Crock Pot Black Forest Cake, you might also like:
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Easy Slow Cooker Brownies
Today’s quote from The Happiness Project has been popping into my head all day:
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
~ Bertrand Russell
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!