WW Recipe of the Day – Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
(169 calories | *8 WW SmartPoints)
Here’s a skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake I think you’re gonna love. I certainly did! It’s perfect for chocolate lovers who want to indulge a bit, without getting crazy.
Low in fat and vegan-friendly (if you use a non-dairy milk), this skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake is easy enough for everyday but impressive enough for company.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
I’d never before made a slow cooker chocolate pudding cake and had my doubts about how this would turn out. But a cooking tip beside the recipe said that the batter would rise to the top and turn into cake. Underneath there would be a rich chocolate pudding.
It worked! While not exactly “pudding,” beneath the chocolate cake was a warm, satiny chocolate pudding-like sauce!
This skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake is definitely going on my “make again” list.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 169 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 cup dry all-purpose baking mix (I used Bisquick Heart Smart)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons , plus 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk beverage)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups hot water
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the baking mix, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the slow cooker.
- In a clean bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 up sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder and hot water until well blended.
- Pour over the batter in the slow cooker.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake-y part comes out clean. (There will be a thick chocolate pudding-like sauce beneath the cake.)
- Serve warm plain or with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or squirt of whipped cream. Or a dusting of confectioners' sugar. Just be sure to adjust your Points accordingly.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake you might also like:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
- 2-Ingredient Skinny Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins and Cookies
- WW Personal Chocolate Soufflés
- Skinny Low Fat Chocolate Cake Recipes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!