Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 79 – Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake)
Here’s a skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake I think you’re gonna love. I certainly did! It’s perfect for chocolate lovers who want to indulge a bit, without getting crazy.
Low in fat and vegan-friendly (if you use a non-dairy milk), this skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake is easy enough for everyday but impressive enough for company.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
I’d never before made a slow cooker chocolate pudding cake and had my doubts about how this would turn out. But a cooking tip beside the recipe said that the batter would rise to the top and turn into cake. Underneath there would be a rich chocolate pudding.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
It worked! While not exactly “pudding,” beneath the chocolate cake was a warm, satiny chocolate pudding-like sauce!
This skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake is definitely going on my “make again” list.
- 1 cup dry all-purpose baking mix (I used Bisquick Heart Smart)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- ½ cup milk (I used coconut milk beverage)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups hot water
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the baking mix, ½ cup sugar, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the slow cooker.
- In a clean bowl, mix the remaining ½ up sugar, ⅓ cup cocoa powder and hot water until well blended.
- Pour over the batter in the slow cooker.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake-y part comes out clean. (There will be a thick chocolate pudding-like sauce beneath the cake.)
- Serve warm plain or with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or squirt of whipped cream. Just be sure to adjust your Points accordingly.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® for skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers zero points fruits and vegetables.
If you liked skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.