WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Brownies with a Mix
(190 calories | *9 WW SmartPoints)
I recently whipped up a batch of these easy slow cooker brownies using a box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix I had in the pantry.
They turned out rich, moist, dense and delicious.
And were so good, I had to keep them hidden beneath foil to stop myself from overindulging!
Skinny on Easy Slow Cooker Brownies
I made these easy slow cooker brownies according to the package instructions, using oil, water and egg. I thought about trying to lighten them up with applesauce or yogurt.
Then, I remembered what I had read in Mindless Eating, that we often end up consuming MORE CALORIES when eating something “low fat” or “light” than we do the real thing!
It’s called the “Health Halo” and I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve been falling for it for years.
Plus the real thing usually tastes so much better. So, I’m practicing eating the real stuff, but in smaller portions.
Simple and delicious, these easy slow cooker brownies from a mix, are definitely worth the splurge.
According to my calculations, each brownie has 190 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Brownie Mix Brownies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Brownies from Mix
- 1 package (19 to 20 ounces) brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate)
- Ingredients needed to make up the brownie mix (I needed oil, water and an egg)
- Grease a small baking pan that will fit in your slow cooker. I used an 8-inch round pan and my 6-Quart oval slow cooker.
- Place a trivet in your slow cooker or make one by rolling up foil into a coil.
- Mix up the brownie mix according to your packages instructions. ( I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix with 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup oil and an egg.)
- Pour the brownie batter into your prepared pan.
- Add the pan to your slow cooker.
- Cover with 8 paper towels.
- Place the cover over the paper towels and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove the cover and check for doneness. Insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies. If it comes out clean, they are done. If not, continue to cook, covered, checking every 15 minutes until done.
- When finished cooking, remove the pan from the slow cooker and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool, cut into 16 small wedges.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like easy slow cooker brownies, you might also like:
- Skinny Black Bean Brownies (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Which is the Best Brownie Mix (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Brownies in a Mug (A Year of Slow Cooking)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!