Simple. Healthy. Delicious.
A complete light meal in a bowl.
This Mediterranean couscous salad is a winner.
And it tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had a chance to meld. So you can enjoy it for dinner and then again the next day for lunch.
Of all the Chicken salad recipes I’ve posted here on Simple Nourished Living this is a new favorite.
Skinny on Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad
This Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad requires quite a lot of chopping. But very little cooking if you have leftover cooked chicken.
I used leftover grilled chicken. Rotisserie chicken is another easy no-cook alternative.
Just boil the water for your couscous and you’re good to go.
I added a can of chickpeas for extra fiber. Other tasty additions that would be good include:
- halved kalamata olives
- chopped artichoke hearts
- crumbled feta cheese
According to my calculations each serving has 243 calories and 6* Weight Watchers Points Plus and 5* SmartPoints.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
This is definitely on my make again list.
- 1 box (5.8 ounces) couscous (I used Near East roasted garlic )
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions, omitting the oil. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint and garlic. Gently stir in the couscous.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Pour dressing over couscous mixture and toss gently.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
I added 1 teaspoon Zaatar seasoning, which is delicious but totally optional. Other tasty additions to consider: halved kalamata olives, chopped artichoke hearts, crumbled feta cheese
Source: adapted from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Mediterranean chicken couscous salad, you might also like
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.