Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Citrus Couscous Pistachio Salad
(116 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Couscous cooked in orange juice tossed chopped cucumber, dried apricots, scallions and mint, this citrus couscous salad with pistachios is a winner.
Perfect for a light lunch. Or as a tasty side dish beside just about anything.
We enjoyed it with grilled salmon one night and curried turkey meatballs the next.
It’s definitely a light + flavorful vegetarian salad/side dish that I would make all year round.
Skinny on Citrus Couscous Salad with Pistachios
The original recipe called for whole wheat couscous, something I have yet to find in my market, so I substituted plain couscous with good results.
According to my calculations each serving has 116 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Citrus Couscous Salad with Pistachios, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Citrus Couscous Salad with Pistachios
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- In a small saucepan combine the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and then transfer it to a large bowl. Let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and oil.
- To the cooled couscous add the cucumber, apricots, green onion and mint.
- Drizzle on the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pistachios. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for vegetarian citrus couscous salad you might also like:
- Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Lemony Lentil Quinoa Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Brown Rice Tomato Basil Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Tropical Couscous Salad (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!