Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Citrus Couscous Pistachio Salad
(116 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
Couscous cooked in orange juice tossed chopped cucumber, dried apricots, scallions and mint, this citrus couscous salad with pistachios is a winner.
Perfect for a light lunch. Or as a tasty side dish beside just about anything.
We enjoyed it with grilled salmon one night and curried turkey meatballs the next.
It’s definitely a light + flavorful vegetarian salad/side dish that I would make all year round.
Skinny on Citrus Couscous Salad with Pistachios
The original recipe called for whole wheat couscous, something I have yet to find in my market, so I substituted plain couscous with good results.
According to my calculations each serving has 116 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Couscous Salad with Pistachios, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Citrus Couscous Salad with Pistachios
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- In a small saucepan combine the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and then transfer it to a large bowl. Let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and oil.
- To the cooled couscous add the cucumber, apricots, green onion and mint.
- Drizzle on the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pistachios. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how Giada De Laurentiis makes Citrus Couscous Cups:
If you like this recipe for vegetarian citrus couscous salad you might also like:
- Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Lemony Lentil Quinoa Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Brown Rice Tomato Basil Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Tropical Couscous Salad (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!