Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Curried Chicken Salad
Diced chicken, celery, scallions, apple, and raisins with a lightened-up curry mango chutney yogurt-mayonnaise dressing.
Even the non-curry fans loved this skinny curried chicken salad when I served it last night.
It's a tasty combination of sweet and spicy with lots of crunch from the celery and apples.
Chicken salads, like this skinny curried version, are a great make ahead dish you can enjoy for lunch or dinner—on a bed of greens, spread on crackers or as a satisfying filling in a sandwich.
And you'd never guess from the taste that it's light, thanks to the rich and creaminess of non-fat Greek yogurt.
I love using half Greek yogurt and half low-fat mayonnaise when making salads. It cuts the calories and fat while increasing the protein and creaminess.
I had another serving of this skinny curried chicken salad today for lunch on a bed of spinach, surrounded by some chopped cucumber, red bell pepper and blackberries.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Curried Chicken Salad?
It was a tasty and satisfying lunch with only 198 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Under the Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *2 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- Adjust this recipe to suit your tastes. Leave out the raisins if you don't like them. Add some halved grapes if you prefer.
- I'm completely satisfied with a ⅔-cup serving of this salad, especially when I eat it on a bed of greens with other veggies and fruits.
- If you feel like you want a bigger portion, just adjust your Points accordingly.
If you like this lightened up chicken curry salad, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Healthy Chicken Salad with Apples & Dried Cranberries, Chicken Salad with Strawberries & Mixed Greens, Healthy Tuna Salad, Pasta Salad with Peas & Ham and Chicken Avocado Salad
If you've made this Curry Chicken Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (I used Penzeys Sweet)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2-½ cups diced, cooked lean chicken breast
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped (I used a Pink Lady)
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped almonds, cashews or walnuts (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If your mango chutney has large chunks in it, be sure to give it a good chop.
- In a small bowl , whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, mango chutney, curry powder and lime juice until creamy and well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together the diced chicken, celery, green onions, apple, raisins, and nuts if using.
- Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and stir well to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how Sarah from AverageBetty makes her version of curried chicken salad:
More Easy + Healthy Curried Chicken Salads You Might Like:
- Curry Chicken Salad on Apple Slices (Dashing Dish)
- Curried Away Chicken Salad (HungryGirl)
- Low-Fat Curried Chicken Salad with Apricots (Cookin'Canuck)
- Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes (SlenderKitchen)
- Delectable Chicken Curry Salad (SkinnyKitchen)
This video from AllRecipes shows how to make another version of fruity curry chicken salad:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!