Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Chicken Salad on Mixed Greens with Strawberries & Almonds
Simple salad with cooked lean chicken, strawberries, mixed greens, crumbled goat cheese, chopped avocado and sliced almonds, in a simple honey & citrus vinaigrette dressing.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
I had this delicious salad with chicken, strawberries and mixed greens for lunch yesterday and just thinking about it still makes me smile.
I was able to concoct it by combining ingredients I had in the fridge and pantry: mixed greens, strawberries, leftover rotisserie chicken, avocado, red onion, goat cheese crumbles, and sliced almonds. (Oh, how I love a well stocked fridge.)
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chicken Salad?
This hearty main dish dinner salad has just 302 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Laced with lean protein, fiber, and healthy fat, it kept me full and satisfied until dinner.
I love salads for lunch and sometimes even for dinner, especially when the weather turns warm, like it's already doing here in Phoenix.
The key is to never think of salads as "diet food."
Instead think of them as colorful, satisfying and delicious ways to load up on healthy vegetables and fruits, especially when tossed with your own healthy homemade salad dressing.
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Mixed Greens Chicken Salad with Strawberries, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Mixed Greens
- 8 cups mixed greens, well rinsed and drained
- 4 cups cooked chopped lean chicken
- 1-½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- ¼ red onion, sliced very thinly
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- To prepare dressing, in a jar with a tight cover, combine the olive oil, honey, orange juice, rice wine vinegar and mustard. Cover the jar tightly and shake until well blended. (Or whisk everything together in a small bowl.)
- In a large bowl, place the mixed greens, sliced strawberries, avocado cubes, sliced onion, sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over and toss until everything is combined and coated with dressing.
- Add the goat cheese crumbles and toss again gently.
- Serve immediately.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this chicken salad with strawberries you might also like:
- Mache & Chicken Salad with Honey-Tahini Dressing (Eating Well)
- Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Curried Chicken Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Chicken Avocado Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Question: for the almonds, onion and goat cheese, are the serving sizes (1/4 c.) for the entire recipe or per serving? Just seems like such a small amount of 8 cups of lettuce. Thanks for your help.
Hi Christy, To keep the salad at around 300 calories/8 Points Plus per servings, 1/4 cup almonds and goat cheese for the entire salad is correct. The recipe actually says 1/4th of a red onion thinly sliced (not 1/4 cup). You of course, can add as much cheese and as many almonds as you like, but the calories and points will increase accordingly if that's a concern 🙂 Hope this helps.