Chicken salad with strawberries and mixed greens Mixed greens crumbled goat cheese, chopped avocado and sliced almonds, in a simple honey & citrus vinaigrette dressing.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
I had this delicious chicken salad with strawberries and mixed greens for lunch yesterday and just thinking about it still makes me smile.
I was able to concoct it by combining ingredients I had in the fridge and pantry: mixed greens, strawberries, leftover rotisserie chicken, avocado, red onion, goat cheese crumbles, and sliced almonds. (Oh, how I love a well stocked fridge.)
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
The Skinny on Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Mixed Greens
This hearty main dish dinner salad has just 302 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
Laced with lean protein, fiber, and healthy fat, it kept me full and satisfied until dinner.
I love salads for lunch and sometimes even for dinner, especially when the weather turns warm, like it’s already doing here in Phoenix.
The key is to never think of salads as “diet food.”
- 8 cups mixed greens, well rinsed and drained
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- ¼ red onion, sliced very thinly
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- To prepare dressing, in a jar with a tight cover, combine the olive oil, honey, orange juice, rice wine vinegar and mustard. Cover the jar tightly and shake until well blended. (Or whisk everything together in a small bowl.)
- In a large bowl, place the mixed greens, sliced strawberries, avocado cubes, sliced onion, sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over and toss until everything is combined and coated with dressing.
- Add the goat cheese crumbles and toss again gently.
- Serve immediately.
Skip the chicken to turn this into a delightful side salad.
*PointsPlus® for this chicken salad with strawberries calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this chicken salad with strawberries you might also like:
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.