WW Recipe of the Day: Low Carb Chicken Avocado Salad
(208 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This chicken avocado salad is another easy, healthy and delicious recipe, perfect for using up leftover cooked chicken. It’s from The Short-Cut Cook: Make Simple Meals with Surprisingly Little Effort by Jacques Pépin.
In the recipe’s notes, Jacques says that this chicken avocado salad is a great way to use leftover chicken. I couldn’t agree more.
The tasty salad dressing would be delicious with leftover roast turkey or pork too.
The Skinny on Chicken Avocado Salad
The only change I made was to cut back on the oil from 3 tablespoons to 1, to make it a little more Weight Watchers friendly.
You’ll want to Shred the chicken rather than cutting it with a knife. It looks nicer and the meat will absorb the dressing better.
Each serving of this yummy chicken avocado salad has 208 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
And if you are not sure about the best way to cube an avocado, there’s a helpful video at the end of this post. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this low carb Chicken Avocado Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Jacques' Chicken Avocado Salad
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 scallions, finely minced (1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces shredded cooked lean chicken
- 1 small ripe avocado, cubed
- 12 leaves lettuce or other greens
- In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and Tabasco sauce until well blended. Stir in the scallions.
- If the chicken is cold, warm it gently in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to take the chill off. Add the shredded chicken to the dressing and toss well to combine.
- Add the avocado cubes and toss gently.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates. Divide the chicken avocado salad evenly among the 4 plates of greens.
Source: Slightly adapted from The Short-Cut Cook: Make Simple Meals with Surprisingly Little Effort by Jacques Pépin
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch How to Cut an Avocado:
If you liked this recipe for chicken avocado salad, check out my eCookbook: Favorite Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken that’s included with my ecookbook bundle:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!