WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Rotisserie Chicken & Wild Rice Salad
(290 calories | 7 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Simple and delicious, this chicken and wild rice salad is a new favorite at our house. The only thing that has to be cooked is the wild rice blend. (I like either Uncle Ben’s or Far East brands.), provided you’ve got leftover rotisserie chicken at the ready.
Skinny on Rotisserie Chicken & Wild Rice Salad
I used half light mayonnaise and half plain non-fat Greek yogurt but all of one or the other would be fine. This yummy chicken and wild rice salad can be amended a multitude of ways to suit your tastes.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Rotisserie Chicken & Wild Rice Salad?
According to my calculations, each 1-cup serving of this salad has 290 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Chicken Wild Rice Salad Recipe Variations
- Vegetarian: substitute chickpeas or baked cubed tofu for the chicken
- Different Meat: chopped turkey would work, as would chopped cooked pork or cooked chicken. It doesn’t have to be the rotisserie kind. chopped shrimp would work here too
- Different Herbs & Spices: tarragon, curry powder
- Different Fruit: golden raisins, cranberries, dried cherries
- Different Nuts: walnuts, pecans
- More Crunch: chopped celery, chopped water chestnuts
- Savory: skip the grapes and instead add chopped red bell pepper, scallions and artichoke hearts, etc.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Chicken Salad with Wild Rice, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Chicken & Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 box (6 ounces) wild rice blend (I like either Uncle Ben's original or Far East brands)
- 3 cups cooked chicken and shredded chicken (I used Costco rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup green grapes, cut into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions, just until the rice is barely tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked rice, shredded chicken, grapes, almonds, mayonnaise and Greek yogurt together until well blended.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, adjusting ingredients to taste.
- If you use a fresh rotisserie chicken and just cooked rice, the dish will be ready to serve warm, or you can chill it first if desired.
Source: The Kitchn
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Favorite WW Friendly Recipes Using Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- Chicken Avocado Salad
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken ala King
- Chicken Orzo Soup with Lemon
- Mediterranean Couscous Chicken Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!