WW Recipe of the Day: Lightened Up Slow Cooker Chicken a la King
(199 calories | *3 WW SmartPoints)
I made this easy slow cooker chicken ala king to serve on top of Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes recently.
It’s a combination of a couple of different recipes that came together really quickly thanks to a can of creamy roasted garlic Progresso Recipe Starters in the pantry.
The Skinny of Slow Cooked Chicken Ala King
We’ve both been a little under the weather with cold symptoms, so a dose of this easy crock pot chicken a la king seemed like a perfect creamy comforting antidote. Not to mention great way to use up some leftover cooked rotisserie chicken. I guess I was right, because Rod exclaimed it, “Perfect for tonight,” which I took as a huge compliment.
What Can I use Instead of the Progresso Recipe Starters in this Recipe?
There are lots of things you could use instead. The easiest is probably condensed cream soup. I’d use 1 can of cream of condensed mushroom or cream of chicken soup stirred together with 1 can of milk. Hope this helps.
I served our easy slow cooker chicken a la king over baked potatoes with Caesar salad on the side.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 199 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this crock pot chicken ala king, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Ala King Recipe
- 1 can (18 ounces) Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (if desired)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2- to 3-Quart.
- Whisk together the can of creamy roasted garlic sauce and flour until well blended. Pour into the slow cooker (I used my 2-quart). Add the chicken.
- In a skillet, coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, red bell pepper and celery until softened, 3 to 5 minutes, and add to the crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW until heated, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Add the 1 cup of defrosted peas 20 minutes before serving.
- Stir in sherry and parsley, if using, right before serving.
- Serve over rice, biscuits or baked potatoes, if desired
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this easy slow cooker chicken a la king, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!