Did you know it is so easy to make perfect baked potatoes in your crock pot?
To avoid heating up the oven, my default way to prepare baked potatoes is either the microwave or toaster oven.
According to the "Why This Recipe Works Notes," wrapping the potatoes in foil and including a little bit of water in the slow cooker helps them cook more evenly.
I skipped the step that suggested you spritz them with oil and season the outside before wrapping in foil. Maybe next time.
These baked potatoes were much creamier than oven baked potatoes and much more evenly cooked than when you do them in the microwave .
They were delicious filled with a super easy slow cooker chicken a la king for a casual supper Saturday night.
And since they were really, really large, I cut one in half to make a Weight Watchers friendly portion.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Potatoes?
According to my calculations, a medium slow cooked plain baked potato would have 170 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
They're Simply Filling too.
It's good to know that you can make easy crock pot baked potatoes any time you need the oven for something else, or don't feel like turning it on. Enjoy!
If you've made these fat-free Slow Cooked Baked Potatoes, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Fat-Free Crock Pot Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 to 6 medium russet potatoes
- ½ cup water
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6-Quart.
- Wash the potatoes. Wrap each one in aluminum foil and place in the crock pot. (I used my 6-Quart for 4 large potatoes). Add the water.
- Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Time will depend on the size of the potatoes. Large potatoes will take about 5 to 7 hours on LOW, or 3 to 5 hours on HIGH.
- Remove the potatoes from the crock pot and carefully, remove the foil. Be careful of steam. Serve.
Source: adapted from Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2 by American's Test Kitchen.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked easy crock pot baked potatoes you might also like:
- Easy Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Cottage Cheese Baked Potato with Salsa
- Slow Cooker Potato Cauliflower Soup
- Crockpot Potatoes Dijonnaise
- Slow Cooker Potato Artichoke Soup
- Skinny Twice Baked Potatoes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!