Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Baked Potato with Cottage Cheese and Salsa
Have you ever had a cottage cheese baked potato with salsa?
It’s one of those old standby ideas for a super-quick and easy lunch or dinner I got from Weight Watchers eons ago.
And managed to forget until someone suggested it as a quick and easy lunch or dinner recently.
A medium plain baked potato, with just 5 SmartPoints, can be a great foundation to a super satisfying meal.
Turning a baked (or sweet) potato into a meal is an easy, satisfying way to solve the lunch or dinner dilemma. I don’t know why I don’t do it more often.
I LOVE them. My husband loves them.
And there are dozens of delicious ways you can top or stuff them.
Some of my other favorite ways to top a potato to turn it into a meal include:
- Steamed Broccoli & Cheese
- Chili & Cheese
- Roasted Vegetables
- Black Beans, Avocado and Salsa
- Plain Greek Yogurt, Bacon & Green Onion
- Leftover Chicken, Turkey or Beef & Gravy
Skinny on Salsa Cottage Cheese Baked Potato
The salsa and cottage cheese baked potato is one of the most easy, healthy and delicious ways I know. (Unless, of course you are not a fan of cottage cheese or salsa.) And it takes just minutes if you use the microwave.
If you have time and like crispy-skinned baked potatoes the oven (or toaster oven) is the way to go.
But when time is of the essence, the microwave gets the job done in about 5 minutes.
Just pop a medium size potato in the microwave and cook on high until it’s soft. Cut it open and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Then top with cottage cheese and salsa.
According to my calculations each serving has 289 calories and *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy salsa and cottage cheese baked potato recipe, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet, 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken, Crock-Pot 3-Ingredient Corn Dip, Quick & Easy Chicken White Bean Salsa Soup and WW 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake
If you’ve made this Baked Potato with Salsa and Cottage Cheese, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Salsa & Cottage Cheese Baked Potato Recipe
- 1 medium potato
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- Salt and pepper
- Scrub the potato, and prick several times with the tines of a fork.
- Place on a microwave-safe plate and cook at full power for 5 minutes. A medium size potato should be done. If it's not, turn it over and cook for another 3-5 minutes. If it's still hard in the middle, cook in additional 1-minute increments until done.
- When the potato is soft, remove from the microwave, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mash up the inside a little using a fork. Top with cottage cottage cheese and then salsa.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video has some easy ideas for making healthy baked potatoes at home
More Quick and Easy Ways to Turn a Potato into a Meal
- Stuffed Southwestern Baked Potato (LaaLoosh)
- Picadillo Stuffed Potatoes (WeightWatchers)
- Beefy Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes (NutmegNotebook)
- Baked Potato Bar with Weight Watchers Points (MealPlanningMommies)
- 2 Good Twice Baked Potato (HungryGirl)
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Bacon & Cheddar Baked Potatoes (RecipeDiaries)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!