Weight Watchers Freestyle Recipe of the Day: One-Skillet 4-Ingredient Easy Taco Cauliflower Rice
(225 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Ground turkey mixed with cauliflower rice, salsa and taco seasoning, this Easy Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet is quick, easy, healthy, low carb, low points and absolutely delicious!
It was a big hit when I served it to my mother and brother for lunch with a variety of tasty toppings that included chopped avocado, low-fat sour cream, salsa, baked corn chips and low-fat spicy bean dip.
Perfect for Taco Tuesdays, or anytime you’re craving Mexican, this quick and easy 4-ingredient skillet dish comes together in less than 30 minutes.
The best part? I was left feeling satisfied and energized until dinnertime—not heavy and sleepy like Mexican food often can).
How Many Calories/WW SmartPoints in this Skinny Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet?
According to my calculations, this recipe makes 4 generous servings with about 225 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Is Cauliflower Rice Better Than Rice? Good for Losing Weight?
Cauliflower rice is lower in calories and carbs than regular rice. Cauliflower has 25 calories and 5g carbs per cup.
It’s also a WW Zero Points food.
By comparison, one cup of cooked brown rice has 205 calories, 45g carbs and *6 WW SmartPoints.
Rice cauliflower is also a good source of fiber. So if you are trying to cut your calories, watch or carbs and/or lose weight, it is a much better choice.
Easy Healthy Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet Recipe Notes
The secret to keeping this skillet low in carbs and WW SmartPoints is substituting “cauliflower rice” for regular rice, which depending on the type, has 5 to 7 SmartPoints per cup.
While it’s hard to beat the convenience of frozen cauliflower rice, you can also make it yourself by blitzing cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender , or grating them on a box grater , until you’ve got tiny rice-size pieces.
Taco Skillet Additions & Variations
different meats: ground beef or ground chicken would work
spicier: add additional chili powder, cumin, or chopped jalapeño to the ground meat while while cooking. Serve with additional hot sauce.
heartier: add a can of drained beans and/or corn
additional topping suggestions: salsa, corn, shredded cheese, avocado, light sour cream, and crumbed taco chips and chopped cilantro would all be yummy.
additional serving ideas: use this taco rice skillet as a stuffing for burritos, tacos, zucchini, peppers, etc.
If you like this easy taco cauliflower rice skillet recipe, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Skinny Chicken & Brown Rice Bowl, Cauliflower Rice & Beans, Cauliflower Rice Recipe Roundup, Simple 3-Ingredient Sloppy Joes and Easy Southwestern Goulash
If you’ve made this Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Taco Skillet, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Healthy Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound 93% lean, ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning (or chile powder to taste)
- 4 cups finely chopped cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce
- Slice the cauliflower head into large chunks, leaving stems on. Use a cheese crater or food processor or blender to coarsely grate the cauliflower to get about 4 cups' worth. (Or use purchased frozen cauliflower rice).
- Coat a non-stick skillet set over medium heat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the ground turkey, and cook, breaking up and stirring the meat until it is browned.
- Add the taco seasoning and cauliflower. Stir until well combined.
- Add the salsa and water and stir again and then cover the pan and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This is how SkinnyTaste makes her own version of Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
More Weight Watchers Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Garlic & Lemon (SkinnyTaste)
- Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Sloppy Joe Cauliflower Rice (SkinnyKitchen)
- Healthy Cheesy Cauliflower Rice (HungryGirl)
- Skillet Cauliflower “Arroz” Con Pollo (SkinnyTaste)
- Caribbean Jerk Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Salsa Verde Chicken with Cauliflower Rice (HungryGirl)
- Skinny Thai Chicken, Peanut & Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry (SkinnyKitchen)
This video demonstrates Slimming World’s spiced cauliflower recipe:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!