Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: One-Skillet Easy Taco Cauliflower Rice
CLICK HERE FOR MORE EASY DELICIOUS WEIGHT WATCHERS DINNER RECIPES!
Skinny on Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet
I got the idea for this Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet while perusing a post featuring three yummy one-skillet weeknight dinner recipes made with rice. I thought it would be easy to substitute rice with “cauliflower rice” in each recipe to make them more Weight Watchers friendly. (A cup of rice, depending on the kind has 5-7 SmartPoints per cup.)
Since the cauliflower rice and beans skillet I made a while back had been such a hit and because I had everything I needed on hand I decided to try a simple taco skillet first.
Perfect for Taco Tuesdays or when you’re craving Mexican, this quick and easy skillet dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. It was a big hit when I served it to Peter and Mom for lunch with a variety of tasty toppings that included chopped avocado, low fat sour cream, salsa, corn chips and spicy bean dip.
According to my calculations this recipe makes 4 generous servings with 3 SmartPoints each. The best part? I was left feeling satisfied and energized (not heavy and sleepy like Mexican food often can) until dinnertime. Enjoy!
different meats: ground beef or ground chicken would work
spicier: add additional chili powder, cumin, or chopped jalapeño to the ground meat while while cooking. Serve with additional hot sauce.
heartier: add a can of drained beans and/or corn
additional topping suggestions: salsa, corn, shredded cheese, avocado, light sour cream, and crumbed taco chips and chopped cilantro would all be yummy.
additional serving ideas: use this taco rice skillet as a stuffing for burritos, tacos, zucchini, peppers, etc.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning (or chile powder to taste)
- 4 cups finely chopped cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup water
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce
- Slice the cauliflower head into large chunk, leaving stems on. Use a cheese crater or food processor or blender to coarsely grate the cauliflower to get about 4 cups' worth. (Or use purchased frozen cauliflower rice)
- Coat a nonstick skillet set over medium heat with nonstick cooking spray. Add the ground turkey, and cook, breaking up and stirring the meat until it is browned. Add the taco seasoning and cauliflower. Stir until well combined. Add the salsa and water and stir again and then cover the pan and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking. Serve with your favorite toppings.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
- Skinny Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl (Serves 1)
- Skinny Cauliflower Rice and Beans (Serves 2)
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice and Recipe Roundup
- Simple 3-Ingredient Sloppy Joes
- Easy Skinny Southwestern Goulash
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.