WW Recipe of the Day: Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl for One
(368 calories | *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This brown rice bowl with chicken has been on my list of recipes to try for months.
I’m so glad I finally did!
With leftover grilled chicken breasts and brown rice in the fridge, my bowl came together in minutes and was even better than I expected.
I love bowl meals because they’re easy to make and offer a great variety of flavors and textures.
The hot-cold combo is what makes this chicken brown rice bowl recipe unique and especially tasty.
Skinny on Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
Looking for a great recipe to take to work for lunch?
Just pack the rice separately and heat it in the microwave before mixing it into the chicken-veggie mixture.
The key is to make sure that the rice is piping hot before you add it to the cold ingredients.
If you think you don’t like brown rice, try short-grain before you make a final decision. I much prefer it to medium- or long-grain.
According to my calculations each chicken brown rice bowl has 368 calories, *9 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 SmartPoints and *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Substitute fat-free dressing to make it work with Simply Filling. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Hot + Cold Brown Rice Chicken Bowl Recipe Variations
Spicier – top with crushed pepper flakes, hot sauce or spicy salsa
More veg – just about any vegetable will work here to bulk up your bowl for 0 points – onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, etc.
Lower SmartPoints – to lower the carbs and the points – substitute cauliflower rice for all, or part, of the rice.
Vegetarian – substitute chick peas and/or firm tofu for the chicken
If you like this Hot & Cold Brown Rice Chicken Bowl, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken + Rice Casserole, Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables, Weight Watchers Easy Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice), Brown Rice Tomato Basil Salad and Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole
If you’ve made this Brown Rice Bowl with Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl Recipe
- 3/4 cup grilled chicken, chilled and chopped (about 4 ounces cooked)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon light Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked short-grain brown rice
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, red pepper, onion, dressing and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Toss to coat the ingredients with the dressing and set aside.
- If the rice isn't hot, place it in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on low power in 15-second intervals, until hot.
- Add the rice to the chicken mixture, and season with salt, pepper.
- Taste and add additional balsamic vinegar if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Kitchen Tools I Used to Make this Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
Trouble making brown rice? This helpful video shows how to cook brown rice perfectly, every time:
More Easy Recipes for Weight Watchers with Brown Rice:
- Skinny Mexican Chicken & Brown Rice Casserole (SkinnyKitchen)
- Brown Rice & Bean Salad with Chili Hot Sauce (Cookin’Canuck)
- Italian Tuna & Brown Rice Salad (Riso e Tonno) (SkinnyTaste)
- Skinny Thai Peanut, Vegetables & Brown Rice Skillet (SkinnyKitchen)
- Golden Coconut Brown Rice (TheYummyLife)
- Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp (SkinnyTaste)
Speaking of variations, this video shows simple ways to incorporate more whole grains into your diet with 3 favorite brown rice recipes (for breakfast, lunch and dinner):
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!