Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
CLICK HERE FOR MORE EASY & DELICIOUS DINNER IDEAS FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS!
This skinny hot + hot chicken brown rice bowl has been on my list of recipes to try for months. I’m so glad I finally did. With leftover grilled chicken breasts and brown rice in the fridge my bowl came together in minutes and was even better than I expected.
I love bowl meals because they’re easy to make and offer a great variety of flavors and textures. The hot-cold combo is what makes this chicken brown rice bowl recipe unique and especially tasty.
Skinny on Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
Looking for a great recipe to take to work for lunch? Just pack the rice separately and heat it in the microwave before mixing it into the chicken-veggie mixture. The key is to make sure that the rice is piping hot before you add it to the cold ingredients. If you think you don’t like brown rice, try short-grain before you make a final decision. I much prefer it to medium- or long-grain.
According to my calculations each chicken brown rice bowl has 368 calories and *9 Weight Watchers Points Plus and 9 SmartPoints. Substitute fat-free dressing to make it work with Simply Filling. Enjoy!
Spicier – top with crushed pepper flakes, hot sauce or spicy salsa
More veg– just about any vegetable will work here to bulk up your bowl for 0 points – onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, etc.
Lower SmartPoints – to lower the carbs and the points – substitute cauliflower rice for all part of the rice.
Vegetarian – substitute chick peas and/or firm tofu for the chicken
- ¾ cup grilled chicken, chilled and chopped (about 4 ounces cooked)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon light Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- ¾ cup cooked short-grain brown rice
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, red pepper, onion, dressing and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Toss to coat the ingredients with the dressing and set aside.
- If the rice isn't hot, place it in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on low power in 15-second intervals until it's hot.
- Add the rice to the chicken mixture, and season with salt, pepper. Taste and add additional balsamic vinegar if desired.
- Makes 1 serving
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Tools I Used to Make this Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl Recipe:
If you liked this recipe you might also like:
Brown Rice Tomato Basil Salad
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries
Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables
Weight Watchers Easy Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.