WW Recipe of the Day: Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl for One
This brown rice bowl with chicken has been on my list of recipes to try for months.
I'm so glad I finally did!
With leftover grilled chicken breasts and brown rice in the fridge, my bowl came together in minutes and was even better than I expected.
I love bowl meals because they're easy to make and offer a great variety of flavors and textures.
The hot-cold combo is what makes this chicken brown rice bowl recipe unique and especially tasty.
Looking for a great recipe to take to work for lunch?
Just pack the rice separately and heat it in the microwave (affiliate link) before mixing it into the chicken-veggie mixture.
The key is to make sure that the rice is piping hot before you add it to the cold ingredients.
If you think you don't like brown rice, try short-grain before you make a final decision. I much prefer it to medium- or long-grain.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chicken Bowl?
According to my calculations each chicken brown rice bowl has 368 calories and
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Substitute fat-free dressing to make it work with Simply Filling. Enjoy!
Spicier - top with crushed pepper flakes, hot sauce or spicy salsa
More veg - just about any vegetable will work here to bulk up your bowl for 0 points - onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, etc.
Lower SmartPoints - to lower the carbs and the points - substitute cauliflower rice for all, or part, of the rice.
Vegetarian - substitute chick peas and/or firm tofu for the chicken
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you like this Hot & Cold Brown Rice Chicken Bowl, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken + Rice Casserole, Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables, Weight Watchers Easy Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice), Brown Rice Tomato Basil Salad and Easy Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole
If you've made this Brown Rice Bowl with Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Hot + Cold Chicken Brown Rice Bowl Recipe
- ¾ cup grilled chicken, chilled and chopped (about 4 ounces cooked)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon light Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- ¾ cup cooked short-grain brown rice
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, red pepper, onion, dressing and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Toss to coat the ingredients with the dressing and set aside.
- If the rice isn't hot, place it in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on low power in 15-second intervals, until hot.
- Add the rice to the chicken mixture, and season with salt, pepper.
- Taste and add additional balsamic vinegar if desired.
Source: The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from the Hit NBC Show (affiliate link)
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Trouble making brown rice? This helpful video shows how to cook brown rice perfectly, every time:
More Easy Recipes for Weight Watchers with Brown Rice:
- Skinny Mexican Chicken & Brown Rice Casserole (SkinnyKitchen)
- Brown Rice & Bean Salad with Chili Hot Sauce (Cookin'Canuck)
- Italian Tuna & Brown Rice Salad (Riso e Tonno) (SkinnyTaste)
- Skinny Thai Peanut, Vegetables & Brown Rice Skillet (SkinnyKitchen)
- Golden Coconut Brown Rice (TheYummyLife)
- Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp (SkinnyTaste)
Find More Easy + Healthy WW Friendly Recipes
Speaking of variations, this video shows simple ways to incorporate more whole grains into your diet with 3 favorite brown rice recipes (for breakfast, lunch and dinner):
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply