WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
(380 calories | *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This easy delicious slow cooker cheesy chicken and rice casserole recipe is from the side of the box of the new Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker (affiliate link) I got Friday.
What better way to break her in?
A one-dish meal featuring moist, tender chicken breasts covered with melted Cheddar cheese on a bed of creamy rice and vegetables, dinner doesn’t get any better, so say the folks at Campbell’s!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
To keep this slow cooker cheesy chicken and rice casserole light and healthy, use reduced-fat cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese.
I used Uncle Ben’s converted rice (which tastes great and has a low glycemic index) and mixed vegetables, but substitute whatever kind of rice and vegetables you have on hand.
Quick and easy to put together, mine was perfectly done in 3-1/2 hours.
Lovers of casseroles and one-dish meals, we both enjoyed this creamy satisfying casserole a lot.
According to my calculations each generous serving has 380 calories and *9 Weight Watchers Points Plus, *10 SmartPoints.
Under the Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is reduced to *6 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Low-Fat Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Casserole, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice (I used Uncle Ben's)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts, 5 ounces each)
- Seasoning of choice for chicken, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3-1/2 Quart Casserole Crock (or 5- to 6-Quart oval)
- Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in the slow cooker until well blended.
- Pound the chicken with the palm of your hand or a meat mallet so it is of even thickness. (If your chicken breasts are larger than 5 ounces, you may want to cut them in half.)
- Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture. Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning blend. (I used Montreal Chicken seasoning.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. (Mine was perfectly done after 3-1/2 hours on HIGH.)
- Top with the cheese. Cover and set stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rice mixture before serving with the chicken.
- To prevent the rice from overcooking and getting mushy, switch the crock pot OFF as soon as the casserole is done.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooked cheesy chicken and rice casserole:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!