Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Orzo Salad with Vegetables
(193 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This easy Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables was my contribution when the family got together last weekend to celebrate our March/April birthdays.
My sister, Brenda, choose the theme since hers was the biggest birthday being celebrated. She suggested seafood and salads and brought a yummy shrimp appetizer.
Mom brought crab cakes with remoulade sauce, a variety of flavored flatbreads, a Cuban fish dish and chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.
And Peter made a variation on his world-famous kale salad.
Everything was spectacular.
This salad is definitely one I will make again.
It's easy, pretty and flavorful. Goes well with any kind of grilled meat, chicken or seafood.
And seems perfect for the long hot summer here in Phoenix.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables
To lighten up this recipe and make it more Weight Watchers friendly, I decreased the olive oil from ⅓ cup to 2 tablespoons, I increased the lemon juice from 4 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons and skipped the suggested rice wine vinegar.
I also increased the amount of chopped spinach to about two cups.
According to my calculations each serving has 193 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables
- ½ cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to the package directions in plenty of salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, onions, cheese and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- When the orzo is cooked, drain it in a colander and then run it under cold water to cool it slightly. Add the drained cooled orzo to the vegetable mixture.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss it well to coat. Chill until serving.
Source: adapted from Taste of Home
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Delicious Weight Watchers Salad Recipes
- Weight Watchers Chickpea and Feta Salad
- Chicken Couscous Salad
- Chopped Greek Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad Made Lighter
- Simple Shredded Carrot Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!