WW Recipe of the Day: Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole
(291 calories | 6 5 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Today I'm sharing a recipe for Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole, that I made to use up what was left of our Thanksgiving turkey. It was a big hit with my casserole-loving husband. If you love creamy comforting casseroles this recipe is for you.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole?
According to my calculations each generous 1-cup serving has:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole
Creamy, crunchy, and satisfying, I thought it was good too. It's a good thing we both like it, because the recipe for this slow cooker turkey and wild casserole expanded into 10 generous cups! The toasted sliced almonds add a nice bit of crunch. But, they are optional.
I skipped them when Mac, who is allergic to nuts, joined us for dinner and we didn't miss them a bit.
Next time I make this slow cooker turkey and wild casserole, I'm going to experiment with cutting back on the rice and liquid to make a more manageable amount for our little family.
I think individual portions of the leftovers could be successfully frozen too. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this protein-packed Crock Pot Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
- 6 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10-¾ ounces) fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded turkey breast
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place the mushrooms, mushroom soup, water chestnuts, uncooked wild rice, uncooked brown rice, chopped onion, garlic powder and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine and then stir in the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for 2-½ to 3-½ hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the shredded cooked turkey.
- Top each serving with a generous tablespoon of sliced almonds, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooked turkey and wild rice casserole you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Crock Pot Turkey Broth/Stock
- Crock Pot Turkey Vegetable Soup with Barley
- Brown Rice Casserole with Turkey or Chicken (Kalyn's Kitchen)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!