Today I’m sharing a recipe for Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole, that I made to use up what was left of our Thanksgiving turkey. It was a big hit with my casserole-loving husband. If you love creamy comforting casseroles this recipe is for you.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole?
According to my calculations each generous 1-cup serving has *5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole
Creamy, crunchy, and satisfying, I thought it was good too. It’s a good thing we both like it, because the recipe for this slow cooker turkey and wild casserole expanded into 10 generous cups!
The toasted sliced almonds add a nice bit of crunch. But, they are optional.
I skipped them when Mac, who is allergic to nuts, joined us for dinner and we didn’t miss them a bit.
Next time I make this slow cooker turkey and wild casserole, I’m going to experiment with cutting back on the rice and liquid to make a more manageable amount for our little family.
I think individual portions of the leftovers could be successfully frozen too. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
- 6 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded turkey breast
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- I slow cooker size: 4-Quarts.
- Place the mushrooms, mushroom soup, water chestnuts, uncooked wild rice, uncooked brown rice, chopped onion, garlic powder and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine and then stir in the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the shredded cooked turkey.
- Top each serving with a generous tablespoon of sliced almonds, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooked turkey and wild rice casserole you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Crock Pot Turkey Broth/Stock
- Crock Pot Turkey Vegetable Soup with Barley
- Brown Rice Casserole with Turkey or Chicken (Kalyn’s Kitchen)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!