(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 48 – Slow Cooker Turkey Breast)
Try this wonderfully flavored, easy-to-fix, moist and tender, slow cooker turkey breast the next time you’re craving turkey. Or for Thanksgiving if your gathering is small.
In fact, I’m strongly considering making this slow cooker turkey breast again for Thanksgiving. (Which is now just 11 days away, if you can believe it!!) It couldn’t be simpler. Or more delicious.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Just rub on your favorite seasonings. Use whatever blend of seasonings you like. I’m currently addicted to McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning so I combined it with poultry seasoning which worked well. Other good options include: thyme, rosemary, sage, lemon pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, and seasoning salt.
Toss in some onion, celery and a lemon. Pour in a little chicken broth and/or white wine.
Several hours later you’ll be rewarded with a great tasting moist and tender slow cooker turkey breast.
The turkey was beautifully moist and the drippings made a great gravy (just pour them into a sauce pan, heat on the stove and whisk in a slurry of 1 – 2 tablespoons flour and a little water, cooking till bubbly and thickened.)
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 stalk celery cut into chunks
- 1 bone-in skin on turkey breast (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Grease a large 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Place of chunks of onion and celery and one half lemon in the slow cooker.
- Remove the turkey breast from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker on top of the onion, celery and lemon.
- Squeeze remaining lemon half over the turkey and add it to the slow cooker.
- Rub olive oil on turkey breast.
- Combine the seasonings and rub on the breast.
- Pour broth and wine around turkey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or just until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. (Make sure the thermometer is not touching bone.)
- Remove from the slow cooker and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (4 ounces turkey breast without skin): 110 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 28 g protein and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus
*PointsPlus® for this slow cooker turkey breast calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this slow cooker turkey breast you might also like:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!