Today I’m sharing my favorite way for how to make turkey breast in the slow cooker. It is so simple & delicious. Try this wonderfully flavored, easy-to-fix, moist and tender, slow cooker turkey breast the next time you’re craving turkey. Or for Thanksgiving if your gathering is small.
In fact, I’m strongly considering making this slow cooker turkey breast again for Thanksgiving. It couldn’t be simpler. Or more delicious.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Just rub on your favorite seasonings. Use whatever blend of seasonings you like. I’m currently addicted to McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning so I combined it with poultry seasoning which worked well.
(Other good turkey breast seasoning options include: thyme, rosemary, sage, lemon pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, and seasoning salt.)
Toss in some onion, celery and a lemon. Pour in a little chicken broth and/or white wine. Several hours later you’ll be rewarded with a great tasting moist and tender slow cooker turkey breast.
The turkey was beautifully moist and the drippings made a great gravy (just pour them into a sauce pan, heat on the stove and whisk in a slurry of 1 – 2 tablespoons flour and a little water for each cup of liquid, cooking till bubbly and thickened.)
The only thing not so great when cooking turkey in the slow cooker is the skin, which doesn’t get crispy. Not a problem if you are a WW since you probably don’t eat the skin anyway. If crispy skin is important just pop the turkey breast under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp it up.
How Many Calories/WW Points in Slow Cooker Turkey Breast?
According to my calculations, each 4-ounce serving (without skin) has about 110 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
MORE TIPS FOR COOKING TURKEY BREAST IN THE SLOW COOKER
- What type of turkey breast? – Either bone-in or boneless, fresh or thawed frozen, will work. Keep the skin on while cooking to help lock in moisture in flavor. Then discard it once your turkey id done.
- What size/weight of turkey breast? Turkey breasts come in a wide range of weights. The beauty of this recipe is that it will work for any turkey breast size – as long as it fits in your slow cooker!
- How long to cook turkey breast in the slow cooker? This will depend on the size of your turkey breast and how hot your slow cooker cooks. The turkey breast is ready when the temperature reaches 165 degrees F on your meat thermometer . Here are some cook time ranges to help:
- 2.5-4 pounds: 4 to 6 hours on low
- 4-6 pounds: 5 to 7 hours on low
- 6-8 pounds: 6 to 8 hours on low
- How should the turkey be seasoned? Any blend of herbs & seasonings, fresh and/or dried, you like best can be rubbed on to provide flavor and color. Here are some suggestions:
- Garlic Herb: 1 teaspoon each rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Italian: 1 teaspoon each Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, seasoned salt, paprika and pepper
- Lemon Garlic: 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, 8 minced garlic cloves, 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel, 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Martha’s Favorite: 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning, 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Rotisserie Blend: 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons each coriander and salt, 1 teaspoon each cumin and black pepper,
- Zesty: 1.5 teaspoons onion salt and chili powder, 1 teaspoon oregano, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- How should the turkey breast be cooked? For even cooking it is best to prop the turkey breast up so it is out of the cooking juices. You can do this by setting it on a bed of vegetables, halved onions and heads of garlic, or 3 to 5 balls of aluminum foil. You can also wrap 3-5 small potatoes in the tinfoil and place those in the bottom of the slow cooker beneath the turkey breast.
If you’ve made this slow cooked turkey breast, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 stalk celery, cut into chunks
- 1 bone-in, skin on turkey breast (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or white wine)
- Grease a large 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Place of chunks of onion and celery and one half lemon in the slow cooker.
- Remove the turkey breast from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker on top of the onion, celery and lemon.
- Squeeze remaining lemon half over the turkey and add it to the slow cooker.
- Rub olive oil on turkey breast.
- Combine the seasonings and rub on the breast.
- Pour broth and wine around turkey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or just until a meat thermometer reads 165F degrees. (Make sure the thermometer is not touching bone.)
- Remove from the slow cooker and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this easy crock pot turkey breast, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Gravy
- Easy 3-ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken
- Turkey Tenderloin & Sweet Potatoes Skillet
- WW Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Garlic
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!