Weight Watchers Healthy Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Garlic
Now that I’ve discovered the ease of cooking turkey breast in the slow cooker, I’ll never go back to roasting it in the oven. It’s just too simple + delicious.
And a great way to enjoy turkey in the summer without heating up the house!
This Weight Watchers herb-rubbed slow cooker turkey breast turned out moist and flavorful. The cloves of garlic, sweet and mellow. It’s definitely on my do-over list.
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
Skinny on Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Garlic
The original recipe called for a whole 6 pound turkey breast. I substituted a 2-1/4 pound bone-in half turkey breast, which was just the right size for our little family, providing dinner and a reasonable amount of leftovers.
Served with with mashed baked sweet potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts and a simple fresh cranberry relish, it made for a wonderful, satisfying dinner.
According to my calculations each serving has 208 calories, 5* Weight Watchers Points Plus and works with Simply Filling.
Because 0 points vegetables are no longer included in determining a recipe’s SmartPoints, this turkey breast with garlic has only 2 SmartPoints per serving.
Each 3 ounce serving of skinless turkey breast has only 1 WW SmartPoint.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
I used the following kitchen tools to make this recipe:
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 pound bone-in turkey breast half
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 20 cloves garlic, un-peeled
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5 to 6-Quart.
- Place the onion, carrot and celery in bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine the rosemary, sage, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the turkey breast with the spices on the meat under the skin.
- Place the turkey breast on top of the vegetables. Add the garlic cloves around the turkey breast.
- Cover and cook until the turkey is fork-tender and the garlic is very soft, 3 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Transfer the turkey to a platter and remove the skin. Strain the vegetables from the broth and discard them. Remove any fat from the broth.
- Serve turkey with the broth and garlic.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Originally published 10/2014; Updated 11/2016
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.