WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooked Rosemary Chicken
(151 calories | *0 – *1 WW SmartPoints)
This slow cooker rosemary chicken was my first attempt cooking a whole chicken in the crock pot.
And, now I’m wondering what took me so long. It turned out moist and delicious.
And dare I say, with better flavor and texture than the Costco rotisserie chickens on which I’ve come to depend?
Granted, this slow cooker rosemary chicken takes a little more effort than the ready-to-go chicken from Costco.
But, really not that much more. Especially, when compared to how much better it tastes.
All you need to do is rub the cavity with garlic and salt, stuff it with onion wedges and herbs, and place it in your slow cooker. Then rub the outside with a little olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and seasonings.
Several hours later, you’ll be rewarded with moist and tender, garlic and rosemary scented chicken.
And your whole house will smell amazing!
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken
I served this slow cooker rosemary chicken with a simple green salad and slow cooker broccoli corn casserole.
Since it was the weekend, I took a few extra minutes to turn the liquid remaining in the slow cooker into the most delicious gravy.
Keep in mind that the number of servings will vary depending on the size of your chicken.
According to Weight Watchers, a 3 ounce serving of roast chicken without skin has *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints (breast meat only). Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Rosemary Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic, I used jarred
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6- to 7-Quart.
- Remove the sack of chicken innards from inside the chicken and discard.
- Rub the inside of the chicken with garlic and Kosher salt.
- Stuff the onion wedges, rosemary and thyme sprigs into the chicken cavity.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Rub the olive oil over the outside of the chicken.
- Combine the poultry seasoning and seasoning salt and sprinkle all over the outside of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the meat is tender, the drumsticks move freely when you wiggle them, and the juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Lift the chicken out of the slow cooker and onto a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- If desired, make a gravy right in the slow cooker: Stir together 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Pour mixture into the juices left in the slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and cook on high for about 10 to 15 minutes until thickened and bubbly. If the mixture gets too thick, thin to desired consistency with more water. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Source: adapted from Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker rosemary chicken you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- Easy 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken
- Weight Watchers Friendly Rotisserie Chicken Recipes E-Book
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!