WW Recipe of the Day: 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
(151 calories | *0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I love black bean soup. What’s not to love? It’s a Weight Watchers dream.
Hearty. Delicious. Low in Points. And cheap and easy to make.
This easy slow cooker black bean soup has just 4 ingredients – canned black beans, salsa, vegetable broth and cumin.
I cut the recipe in half and cooked it in the slow cooker, which can be left unattended for hours without bubbling over, instead of on the stove.
The Skinny on Easy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
I adapted this recipe from Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet , so you know it’s Weight Watchers friendly.
Each cup has only 151 calories and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus, *4 SmartPoints and is WW Simply Filling too.
Under Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *0 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Optional Black Bean Soup Toppings
(Be sure to adjust SmartPoints accordingly)
- Fat-free sour cream
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Chopped avocado
- Finely chopped red onion
- Low-fat shredded cheese
- Sliced jalapeños
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
If you’ve made this Black Bean Slow Cooker Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14 to 15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup peach salsa or another fruity tomato-based salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, non-fat Greek yogurt, chopped avocado, red onion, shredded cheese, jalapeños, crushed tortilla chips, chopped cilantro, lime wedges
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2- to 2-Quart.
- In a blender combine the black beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. (Or leave slightly chunky, if desired.)
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours until the soup is well heated and flavors have had a chance to meld.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper as necessary. If you like, top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cilantro, and/or a squeeze of lime.
Source: adapted for the slow cooker from Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet by Lisa Lillien
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like easy slow cooked black bean soup, you might also like:
- Skinny & Delicious Black Bean Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Black Beans
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!