This simple Southwestern Shrimp and Black Bean Salad is an easy, healthy and delicious winner in my book.
It's perfect for a light one-dish lunch or supper.
It's from one of my most-used Weight Watchers cookbooks, Weight Watchers Comfort Classics : 150 Favorite Home-Style Dishes .
Everything I've made from it has been a hit, including this easy Shrimp and Black Bean Salad that comes together with flavors of the Southwest.
Published back in 2009, it gives the old point values. But every recipe includes nutritional details so it's easy enough to recalculate to PointsPlus with a Weight Watchers calculator, or WW SmartPoints by using Weight Watchers Recipe Builder.
Rod, Mom and I all liked this one so I'm adding it to my "make again" file. In fact Mom rated it an A+, not a grade she gives often!
This shrimp and black bean salad works with the Simply Filling technique too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Southwest-Spiced Salad?
According to my calculations, each generous 1-⅓ cups serving has about 234 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you refrigerate this shrimp black bean salad, let it stand on the counter about 15 minutes before serving.
If you enjoy this simple, stir-together zesty black bean and shrimp salad, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Skinny Southwestern Goulash, Southwest Slow Cooker Chicken, Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Soup, WW Southwestern Salad with Chile Lime Dressing and Light & Zesty Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
If you've made this zest, low fat Shrimp and Black Bean Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Southwestern Shrimp & Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup fresh, or thawed frozen, corn kernels
- 1 can (15-½ ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tomato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, lime juice (if using), oil, chili powder and salt.
- Add the rice, corn, black beans, shrimp, tomato, scallions and cilantro, if using. Stir gently to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more vinegar, lime juice, chili powder and/or salt to suit your tastes.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This is how easy it is to make clean + delicious healthy summer corn & avocado salad:
More Easy Recipes Like This Healthy, Zesty Shrimp Black Bean Salad from My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites:
- Skinny Southwestern Black Bean Salad (SkinnyTaste)
- Southwest Chicken Alfredo (HungryGirl)
- Southwestern Chicken Salad with Skinny Salsa Ranch (SkinnyKitchen)
- Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps (EmilyBites)
Watch this video to see how to make another version of southwestern zesty corn and black bean salad:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!