Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Southwestern Beef Salad
(326 calories | *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This Weight Watchers Southwestern Beef Salad with Chile Lime Dressing was a big hit when I made it for dinner recently.
I liked it because it was easy to make. It’s a no-cook, one-bowl recipe, perfect for summer, when corn and tomatoes are at their peak.
All I had to do was some assembly.
And Rod liked this Southwestern Beef Salad’s main ingredients: beef and corn. A winning combination in his book.
I never would have thought up this delicious southwestern beef salad with chile lime dressing on my own. That’s why I like to read cookbooks.
I got the idea while leafing through the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook , a great cookbook filled with delicious Weight Watchers recipes you can enjoy without guilt or the need to calculate PointsPlus, since it’s already done for you.
Skinny on Southwestern Beef Salad
I did make a few changes too.
The original recipe called for 1/2 a teaspoon of minced chipotles in adobo. I didn’t feel like opening a whole can of chipotles in adobo to use just 1/2 teaspoon for this southwestern beef salad, so I used a teaspoon of chili powder instead.
I increased the fresh lime juice from 1 tablespoon to 2 because I like my dressing on the tangy side.
And I added a bed of greens which just seemed like a good idea.
Rod gave this southwestern beef salad with chile lime dressing an enthusiastic thumbs up. Which is a great endorsement from a guy who used to think he didn’t like salads.
I’m definitely planning to make it again while corn and tomatoes are in season.
According to my calculations, each serving has 326 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this southwest beef salad, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy and Weight Watchers friendly salad recipes including Southwest Shrimp & Black Bean Salad, Chicken & Quinoa Salad, WW Chickpea & Feta Salad, Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad and Chicken Avocado Salad
If you’ve made this Beef Salad with Chile Lime Dressing, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Southwestern Beef Salad with Chile Lime Dressing Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears of corn)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 Haas avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 cups chopped romaine or mixed salad greens
- 1 pound thinly sliced lean roast beef, trimmed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the corn kernels, tomato, avocado and cilantro. Toss gently to mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, pepper, chile powder and/or lime juice to suit your tastes.
- Place 2 cups of chopped romaine on each of 4 plates.
- Divide the slices of roast beef evenly on top on the romaine on each of the plates.
- Top evenly with the chile lime corn mixture.
Source: Slightly adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s a helpful video showing how to cut corn from the cob:
More Yummy Weight Watchers Recipes For You:
- Pasta with Fresh Corn and Tomatoes
- 3-Ingredient Weight Watchers Crock Pot Italian Beef
- Chicken Flatbread with Salsa Verde, White Beans and Corn
- Easy Healthy Taco Salad
- Cheeseburger Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!