WW Recipe of the Day: Fresh Tomato Peach Caprese Salad
(297 calories | *7 WW SmartPoints)
This simple summer caprese salad, a variation on the traditional, marries fresh peaches, ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, arugula and basil with a simple olive oil and balsamic dressing.
For best taste, use a high quality extra-virgin olive oil. I used Tuscan Herb Olive Oil from Outrageous Olive Oils & Vinegars which is located in nearby Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona.
This particular olive oil blends several herbs including oregano, basil, garlic, rosemary, thyme and sun-dried tomato, making this a superior oil for dipping bread and any Italian dishes, including tossed with pasta.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Summer Peach Caprese Salad?
According to my calculations, each serving has 297 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. To lower the SmartPoints in this delicious summer salad, simply use less olive oil and cheese. All the other ingredients – arugula, peaches, tomatoes, and basil – are zero points foods on the WW Freestyle Program.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Why Is It Called Caprese Salad?
Caprese salad or “Insalata Caprese” as it’s called in Italian, means “salad of Capri.” Like pizza Margherita, it features the colors of the Italian flag: green, white, and red. In Italy, it is usually served as an antipasto (starter), not a contorno (side dish).
Peach Caprese Salad Recipe Notes
Any fresh mozzarella will work in this caprese salad. I used ciliegine (which is derived from the Italian word for cherry), so these bite-size mozzarella balls are about the size of a cherry.
Fresh Peach Tomato Caprese Serving Suggestions
- Serve this caprese with crusty bread for dipping in any excess balsamic and olive oil
- Serve this salad with half a sandwich or cup of soup
- Serve with your favorite grilled meat or fish
If you’ve made this Caprese Salad with Tomatoes and Peaches, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Fresh Tomato Peach Caprese Salad
- 4 ounces arugula or mixed greens (about 2 handfuls)
- 2 medium peaches, sliced thin or wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin or wedges
- 3 ounces fresh sliced mozzarella (I used Ciliegine cut in half)
- Fresh sliced basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I used balsamic glaze)
- Divided the arugula evenly between two salad plates.
- Arrange half the peaches, tomatoes and mozzarella over arugula on one plate. Repeat with the second salad plate.
- Scatter fresh sliced basil over salads.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over each salad.
- Serve immediately.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Fresh Peach and Tomato Caprese, you might also like:
- Peach Watermelon Salad
- Skinny Broccoli Salad
- WW Orange Cucumber Salad
- Sweet & Salty Watermelon Feta Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!