I made this simple and delicious Weight Watchers orange cucumber salad for the first time back in February.
After an indulgent Valentine’s weekend that included champagne, potato chips, Thai food, lemon curd tart, and some of the best pizza on the planet, I was ready to lighten up my eating for a few days.
And for me that means bumping way up the fruits and vegetables so I’m able to fill up on a lot fewer calories.
The Skinny on Weight Watchers Orange Cucumber Salad
I adapted this recipe from the Weight Watchers’ Simply the Best: 250 Prizewinning Family Recipes cookbook, an old one from 1997 that is still one of my favorites.
As you can see from my notes in the recipe, I made several changes to suit what I had on hand.
Fresh. Colorful. Flavorful.
It was so good, I’ve made it several times since.
This easy recipe can be adapted to Simply Filling, if you count the 1/4 teaspoon oil toward your daily requirement count the sugar, skip it, or do what I did, substitute your favorite non calorie sweetener.
According to my calculations each serving has 66 calories and 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
- 3 oranges, peeled and sliced (I cut my slices into quarters)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced (I used an English cucumber so kept the peel and sliced it into half moons)
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced or chopped (I used red instead)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar (I substituted rice vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar (I substituted truvia)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the oranges, cucumber, pepper and onion.
- Add the vinegar, oil, sugar and salt.
- Toss to coat and combine.
- Serve at once.
Source: Weight Watchers’ Simply the Best: 250 Prizewinning Family Recipes
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Delicious Weight Watchers Friendly Salad Recipes
- Grapefruit Avocado Salad
- Winter Citrus Pomegranate Fruit Salad
- Weight Watchers Chickpea Feta Salad
- Citrus Couscous Salad with Pistachios
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.