Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Winter Citrus & Pomegranate Fruit Salad
Ruby red grapefruit, orange and clementine slices topped with pomegranate seeds and toasted and drizzled with honey, this Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Fruit Salad is as colorful as it is healthy and delicious.
When I saw this Winter Citrus and Pomegranate Fruit Salad in December’s Whole Living, I immediately tore out the recipe and stuck it in my file as a Christmas breakfast possibility.
I think I’m also going to add this fruit salad to my Easter Brunch menu.
In true Martha Stewart fashion, the recipe called for a cara cara orange, a fancy red-fleshed naval orange, that wasn’t available at my market, so I opted for a plain old naval orange instead.
I also substituted toasted sweetened coconut for the unsweetened called for since it’s what was in the pantry, and decreased the pomegranate seeds to 1/4 cup from 1 cup, which seemed like way too many.
I also used a little less toasted coconut than specified.
Skinny on Citrus Pomegranate Fruit Salad
Served with whole grain toast, bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon, this yummy winter citrus and pomegranate fruit salad with honey and toasted coconut was the star of our Christmas breakfast.
With just 77 calories and *2 Weight Watchers PointPlus, it’s a light, healthy and delicious way to begin your day.
According to WW Recipe Builder this salad has only *1 SmartPoint, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint!
Peeling the citrus is the most challenging aspect of this simple fruit salad.
If you’re not sure the best way to do it, I’m including this video showing how to peel a grapefruit:
Citrus and Pomegranate Fruit Salad with Toasted Coconut
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and pith removed, sliced crosswise
- 1 naval orange, peeled and pith removed, sliced crosswise
- 2 clementines, peeled and pith removed, sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut, toasted**
- 1 teaspoon honey for drizzling (or more as desired)
- Arrange the grapefruit, orange and clementine slices on a platter.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and toasted coconut and drizzle with honey.
- **To toast coconut: Spread sweetened shredded or flaked coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring often, until golden, about 5 to 10 minutes. Be sure to watch it closely because the added sugar causes irregular browning and it's easy to burn.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this winter citrus and pomegranate fruit salad, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!