WW Recipe of the Day: Ham, Cheese & Vegetable Frittatas
(126 calories | 3 2 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
As soon as I saw this recipe for Weight Watchers individual ham cheese veggie frittatas in a recent Weight Watchers Weekly, I knew I wanted to give them a try.
Last night was the night. I love having breakfast food for supper every once in a while, a holdover from when I was a kid and it seemed like such a treat.
A layer of defrosted frozen hash brown potatoes forms the crust for these easy ham, cheese and veggie mini frittatas.
What is it about individually portioned foods baked in muffin tins that seems so fun?
A tasty mixture of eggs, lean ham, onion, pepper and low-fat cheese makes up the filling.
As the Weekly suggests, you can whip up a batch of these mini frittatas on Sunday night and then you’ve got breakfast ready and waiting in the fridge for the week.
Then just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and voila – an easy, healthy, tasty breakfast.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Individual Ham Cheese Veggie Frittatas
I thought my first attempt at these hash brown crusted egg cups turned out pretty well and I ended up having two for dinner. The rest were packed away for breakfasts and/or snacks.
I like my hash browns crispy, so next time I will bake them a little longer.
And some of my muffins stuck to the bottom of the tin a bit, so be sure to use non-stick muffin pan and spray in generously for best results.
According to my calculations, each frittata has about 126 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Here are a few more easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes you might also like: Scrambled Eggs with Salmon, Slow Cooker Leftovers for Breakfast Casserole, Easy Slow Cooker Frittata, Egg Salad Tartines and Slow Cooker Sausage & Egg Puff
If you’ve made this Mini Muffin Tin Frittatas, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Individual Ham, Cheese & Veggie Frittatas
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces cooked lean ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Position an oven rack in the center of your oven and preheat oven to 350F degrees. Generously coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Press the defrosted hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup to form a crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium bowl beat the eggs and milk together. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the ham, peppers, onion and cheese until well blended.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and press the potatoes down firmly with a spoon so that they are like mini pie crusts lining the bottom and sides of the muffin cups.
- Divide the mixture evenly, pouring it into the center of each of the eight prepared muffin cups.
- Return to the oven and bake until the potatoes are crisp and golden and the egg mixture is set, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
In this video, Dani Spies shares her easy blueprint for creating your own healthy egg muffins:
If you like this Weight Watchers Muffin Tin Ham, Cheese & Veggie Frittatas recipe, you might also like:
- Easy Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins (SlenderKitchen)
- Broccoli & Cheese Mini Egg Omelets (SkinnyTaste)
- Make-Ahead Roasted Veggie Egg Muffins (HungryGirl)
- Veggie Egg Muffins (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins (SkinnyTaste)
This video from Show Me the Yummy shows another way to make healthy egg muffin cups:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!