Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Egg & Sausage Puff
(299 calories | 7 7 7 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I love breakfast casseroles like this slow cooker easy egg and sausage puff.
Easy to stir together and when served with fruit, it makes a deliciously hearty breakfast that keeps me satisfied for hours and hours.
I made this slow cooker easy egg and sausage puff Sunday and stored the leftovers in the fridge, rewarming them during the week for a warm and yummy breakfast in minutes.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Egg & Sausage Puff Made Lighter
I adapted the original recipe slightly, making it lighter by substituting turkey breakfast sausage, Heart Smart Bisquick and using low-fat milk.
According to my calculations, each slice of this sausage and egg puff has about 299 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Rod, Mom and I all gave it our seal of approval. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Puff Casserole, be sure to check out my other WW Friendly breakfast and brunch recipes including Spinach Quiche, Easy Egg Salad Tartines, Mini Ham, Cheese & Veggie Frittatas, Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole and Make Ahead Western Omelet Muffins
If you've made this Crock Pot Egg and Sausage Puff, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Egg & Sausage Puff Recipe
- 1 pound bulk turkey breakfast sausage, casings removed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose baking mix (I used Bisquick Heart Smart)
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, optional
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2- to 4-Quart. Grease crock pot insert and set aside.
- Brown the sausage in a nonstick skillet, breaking up the chunks of meat as it cooks.
- Drain the grease well, and blot with paper towels.
- In a large bowl stir together the sausage, egg, baking mix, cheese, milk and mustard (if using) until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW and continue to cook until the dish is fully cooked in the center, 1-3 hours more.
- Uncover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Pellman Good.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker sausage and eggs puff made lighter, you might also like:
- Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Frittata
- Weight Watchers Individual Ham, Cheese and Vegetable Frittatas
- CrockPot Baked Oatmeal
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!