Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: SkinnyTaste Make Ahead Western Omelet Muffins
These skinny make-ahead Western omelet muffins are the perfect solution for breakfasts on the run.
Bake a batch and you'll have breakfast ready and waiting in the fridge. Just give them a quick reheat and you're set to go.
They're the first recipe I've tried from one of my latest cookbook acquisitions: The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor.
Western Omelet Muffins Recipe Notes
I used finely chopped ham, green onion, red bell pepper and reduced fat cheddar cheese in these omelet muffins, but they're easy to customize to suit your likes and what you have on hand.
Using half whole eggs and half egg whites keeps them lower in fat and calories while still getting the health benefits of the yolks.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Omelet Muffins?
According to my calculations, each 2-muffin serving has just 119 calories and
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
More WW Friendly Breakfast and Brunch Ideas
- Skinny Cheesy Egg and Ham Cups
- Individual Veggie, Ham and Cheese Frittatas
- 5-Ingredient Cheesy Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pie
- Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Strata
If you've made these Low-Carb Western Omelet Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Make Ahead Western Omelet Muffins Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces sliced ham (about 4 slices finely chopped)
- 2 ounces reduced fat Swiss cheese chopped (I substituted cheddar)
- ½ cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Season with salt and a pinch or two of black pepper. Mix in the ham, cheese, bell pepper and scallions.
- Pour about ¼ cup egg mixture into each muffin cup and carefully place in the oven.
- Bake until the eggs are set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy or cool completely and store covered in the refrigerator.
Source: slightly adapted from The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you're a Weight Watcher, you're most likely familiar with Gina and her blog Skinnytaste. Gina turned to Weight Watchers when she wanted to lose a few pounds. Though she liked the program it was a struggle to find enough tempting recipes to help her stay on track and satisfy her family. She started Skinnytaste when she began successfully "skinny-fying" her favorite meals.
Her Skinnytaste Cookbook features 150 amazing recipes that are light on calories, big on flavor. With 100 stunning photographs and detailed nutritional information for every recipe it's an incredible resource of deliciously satisfying meals that every home cook will love.
I've already flagged dozens of recipes I can't wait to try.
Giveaway Sponsored by Simple Nourished Living
This giveaway is sponsored by Simple Nourished Living. Awarded prize may differ slightly (color, design, etc.) from images that appear here - based on availability. Giveaway prizes may be forfeited if not claimed within 90 days.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!