Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Ina Garten’s Egg Salad Tartines
(271 calories | *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I chose Ina Garten Egg Salad Tartines for this month’s Ina Fridays.
What’s Ina Fridays? A little gathering of bloggers devoting the first Friday of each month to the recipes of Ina Garten, aka the Barefoot Contessa.
What are tartines?
The fancy French word for open-faced sandwich. You gotta admit, tartine sounds much nicer than sandwich!
The recipe for Ina Garten Egg Salad Tartines, is from her cookbook, Barefoot Contessa at Home: Everyday Recipes You’ll Make Over and Over Again
In the recipe’s introduction, Ina says that egg salad is her “feel-good” food. She makes hers with mustard and lots of fresh dill.
In recent years, I’ve come to feel the same way about egg salad.
I love it and eat it often, both for breakfast and lunch.
And now that I’ve tasted her version with mustard and dill, I think it’s definitely the way to go.
The Skinny on Ina Garten Egg Salad Tartines
I made a half batch (4 servings) of Ina Garten Egg Salad Tartines. And traded out the regular mayonnaise for Best Foods Light mayo to make them more Weight Watchers friendly.
And sometimes I use part light mayo and part plain nonfat Greek yogurt, or all yogurt.
Smoked salmon really elevates these tartines from simple to special.
Egg Salad Tartine Recipe Variations:
No smoked salmon? They are yummy with smoked turkey, ham or bacon too
Vegetarian? Skip the salmon and substitute slices of fresh tomato and cucumber
No fresh dill? Substitute dried dill or another fresh herb such as parsley, basil or cilantro
Low carb? Serve the egg salad stuffed into a tomato, in lettuce wraps, or atop rounds of cucumber
According to my calculations, each of Ina Garten’s Egg Salad Tartines has 271 calories, *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
These delicious sandwiches have decreased to *3 SmartPoints on the new WW Freestyle Program. Woo Hoo! Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these egg salad tartines with smoke salmon, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly breakfast and brunch recipes including Skinny Salmon Stuffed Eggs, Slow Cooker Spaghetti Frittata, Scrambled Eggs with Salmon, Easy Leftovers for Breakfast Slow Cooker Casserole and Smoky Roasted Pepper Crock Pot Strata
If you’ve made these Egg Salad Tartines, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Ina Garten Egg Salad Tartines Recipe
- 6 extra large eggs
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 slices smoke salmon
- Place the eggs in a medium-size pot and cover them with cool water. Bring the water to a boil and then cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, drain the pot and then fill it with cold water.
- To peel the eggs and and gently roll them against the counter to crack the shells. Peel each one under running tap water and allow the eggs to cool to room temperature.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl. Cut them up roughly. Then mash them with a potato masher or fork until you achieve the desired consistency. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Toast the bread.
- Lay one slice of salmon on each piece or toast. Spread on the egg salad. Garnish with a sprig of dill.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe source: Slightly adapted from: Barefoot Contessa at Home: Everyday Recipes You’ll Make Over and Over Again by Ina Garten
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
These Egg Tartines are on my list of 7 Simple Low-Calorie Recipes with Eggs for Weight Watchers.
See What Others are Cooking
- Alyce @ More Time at the Table
- Ansh @ Spice Roots
- Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
- Bhavna @ Just a Girl From AAmchi Mumbai
- Chaya @ Bizzy Bakes
- Linda @ There and Back Again
- Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
- Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
- Nancy @ My Picadillo
- Veronica @ My Catholic Kitchen
- Rocky Mountain Woman @ The Rocky Mountain Woman
- Peggy @ Pantry Revisited
- Ria @ Ria's Collection
- The Contessa (Linda) @ The Tumbleweed Contessa
If this is your first time visiting Simple Nourished Living – Welcome! If you like what you have found, please join me on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest. I’m always sharing easy, practical ideas for living happy, healthy and slim.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!