Weight Watchers Breakfast Ideas: 14+ Easy and Healthy Ways to Top Your Toast
My sister emailed me a picture of her yummy breakfast creation one morning last week: whole wheat sourdough toast topped with leftover chopped tomato mozzarella salad which she stuck under the broiler until the cheese was bubbly, then topped with a fried egg and a scattering of real bacon bits…
Doesn’t it look yummy?
I’ve dubbed it “Brenda’s Tomato, Egg & Bacon Breakfast Bruschetta.”
This got me thinking about more tasty ways you can top toast to create an easy, healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch or simple supper.
Of course the better your bread, the better your toast! Homemade bread is a special treat. But any really good bread (the fewer ingredients the better) will do. I really like the La Brea breads from Costco and whole wheat sourdough from Trader Joe’s.
So, here we go with 13 more tasty ways to top your toast in case you are in the need of a little inspiration…
Weight Watchers Friendly Toast Toppings
2) Fruit Spread. You could keep things simple with your favorite fruit spread of jam, though this is something I rarely do. I prefer to spread on a little protein.
3) Nut Butter. My go to choices are peanut butter or almond butter.
4) Nut Butter and Banana. A classic combination I never tire of.
5) Cheese. Laughing cow spread is a natural choice since it’s so spreadable. But really any cheese would work. When I was in London recently, I was served several kinds of cheese, including cheddar to enjoy on my toast.
6) Soft Cheese and Berries. Like this Laughing Cow Cheese and Raspberries Toast I made last summer.
7) Cottage Cheese, sugar and cinnamon. Spread on toast and broiled until bubbly becomes a Low Fat Weight Watchers “Danish”.
8) Strawberry Breakfast Bruschetta. Cream cheese and lemon curd stirred together, spread on toast and sprinkled with berries and fresh mint.
9) Poached Eggs. A classic.
10) Fried Egg and Canadian Bacon. A lighter, healthier open-faced egg sandwich.
12) Scrambled Eggs. Another simple, easy healthy combination.
13) Beans. I forget how much I like beans on toast until I taste it. Brenda served this last Saturday for breakfast when we visited her in Tucson. Just heat up a can of beans (we like Heinz in tomato sauce) and spoon over toast.
14) Smoked Salmon. We’ve savored this delicious breakfast the past two mornings thanks to Mac, who had more smoked salmon than he felt he could use, so generously offered to share with us!
15) BLT Avocado Toast. Combine everyone’s favorite bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with avocado toast for this winning meal.
Do you have a favorite easy, healthy, delicious way to top your toast at breakfast?
Here’s a delicious video from WW with Oprah’s favorite recipe for Avocado Toast:
Here’s a fun video with 6 more ways to top your toast for weight loss from SELF:
More Ways to Top Your Toast: Weight Watchers Edition
- Avocado Toast with Lemon & Kale from SkinnyTaste
- 50 Easy Toast Toppers from The Food Network
- Skinny Scrambled Egg Whites & Bacon Toast Cups from SkinnyKitchen
- Avocado Toast from Snack Girl
- Hummus Avocado Toast from SkinnyTaste
- Tomatoes on Toast from Simply Recipes
- Egg ‘n Bacon Avocado Toast from Hungry Girl
- Breakfast Bruschetta two ways from Nigella Lawson
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!