WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Leftover Ham Bone Soup
(114 calories | 3 2 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This crock pot leftover ham bone soup is an easy and delicious way to use up a holiday ham bone. Load your slow cooker and let it do all the work while you get on with your day.
If you didn't have ham for Thanksgiving, add it to your menu for Christmas or New Years so you can make a pot.
My Mom first made this soup using a stove top recipe she found on Damn Delicious.
It was so good I added it to my file and then decided to adapt it for the crock pot to make it even easier.
Skinny on Low Calorie Crock Pot Leftover Ham Bone Soup
If you've never used a leftover ham bone to make soup you're in for a treat. It infuses the broth with incredible flavor.
Brimming with vegetables, chunks of sweet ham, and tender white beans this savory, tummy-warming low-fat soup will keep you smiling and satisfied for hours.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Soup?
According to my calculations each cup has 114 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this low calorie Slow Cooker Ham Bone Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Leftover Ham Bone Soup
- 1 leftover ham bone
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1-½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-½ tablespoons chicken bouillon (I like jarred Better than Bouillon)
- 1 ½ cups leftover diced ham
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6-Quart.
- Place leftover ham bone in the crock pot. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, potato, beans, corn, thyme, bay leaves and chicken bouillon. Add 6 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the ham bone and stir in diced ham during the last 30 minutes of cooking time to prevent it from getting overdone.
- Taste and add adjust the seasoning to your liking adding salt, pepper, hot sauce, etc.)
Recipe source: adapted from Damn Delicious for the crock pot.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Leftover Ham Recipes For Weight Watchers
- Ham & Split Pea Soup
- Weight Watchers Friendly Leftover Ham Recipes
- Slow Cooker Ham & Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Spiral Cut Ham
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!