Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
(249 calories | 7 7 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Every time I sit down to a plate of scalloped potatoes I ask myself why I don’t make them more often.
They’re an old classic that I’ve loved since I was a kid.
And the addition of a little ham and cheese turns them into a deliciously satisfying main dish.
This was the first time making slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham.
I adapted the recipe slightly from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
Skinny on Low Fat Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
It was the perfect way to use up what remained of the slow cooker ham I had tossed in the freezer.
I used reduced-fat cheddar cheese and Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup to lower the fat, calories and Weight Watchers Points a bit.
One of the keys to scalloped potatoes is slicing the potatoes really thin, which can be kind of a pain. I love using my little portable slicer , which makes the job sooo much easier!
Served with salad and steamed broccoli, these slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham made us both smile.
And the leftovers disappeared without a problem too 🙂
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Scalloped Potatoes?
According to my calculations each serving has 249 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham, be sure to check out some of my other hearty and healthy Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Pot Roast, Mel’s Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops, Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole, Slow Cooker Peach Pork and Easy Slow Cooker Ham & Sweet Potatoes
If you’ve made this creamy, low fat Crock Pot Ham and Potatoes, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes & Ham Recipe
- 8 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes (8 to 10 medium)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) low-fat cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbell's Healthy Request)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4- to 5-Quart.
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put half the sliced potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker, spreading them out evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle evenly with half the onion, ham and cheese.
- Repeat the layers one more time (potatoes, salt and pepper, onion, ham, cheese).
- Pour the soup into a small bowl and stir it until it gets nice and creamy. Spread it over the top of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the potatoes and onions are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with a little paprika.
Source: Slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from AllRecipes shows another way to make slow cooker scalloped potatoes with ham:
More Crock Pot Recipes Made Lighter
- Crockpot Potatoes Dijonnaise (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooked Black Eyed Peas with Ham (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Easy Crock Pot Sweet Ham (MealPlanningMommies)
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Spiral Cut Ham (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!