Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Spinach & Dill
(252 calories | *9 WW SmartPoints)
Looking for a unique twist on make ahead slow cooker mashed potatoes?
I hope you’ll try these slow cooker mashed potatoes with spinach and dill. They’re creamy, flavorful and deliciously different.
Definitely splurge worthy if you’re a mashed potato lover, which I am.
The recipe instructs you to cook the potatoes in the slow cooker, drain and whip with all the yummy stuff and then place back in a clean, greased slow cooker for final warming.
If it’s easier, you can always just boil the potatoes on the stove instead and then proceed with the recipe.
The Skinny on slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Spinach and Dill
To make these a bit more Weight Watchers friendly I used plain non-fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and reduced-fat cream cheese.
Each serving has 272 calories, *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 SmartPoints, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Rod, Mom and I all loved these spinach dill slow cooker mashed potatoes. I’ll definitely be making them again. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Mashed Potatoes with Spinach and Dill, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Spinach & Dill Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dillweed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into equal sized cubes.
- Place them in a slow cooker with the water and salt.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and dump them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt, butter, cream cheese and dillweed.
- Whip with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir in the green onions and spinach.
- Wipe out your slow cooker and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the mashed potato mixture into the slow cooker and smooth out the top.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, until heated through.
Recipe source: Slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker mashed potatoes with spinach and dill, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!