WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
(250 calories | 7 7 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Here is an easy slow cooker potato soup recipe your family will love. Mine sure did!
I don’t think I ever met a potato soup I didn’t like, which explains why you’ll find so many different WW friendly potato soup recipes here on my blog.
Easy soups make great, no-fuss, healthy dinners. Especially when you use your slow cooker or crock pot.
If you are interested in simplifying your life in the kitchen, consider getting a slow cooker. It makes healthy eating so much easier.
Skinny on Easy Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This easy, creamy, low fat potato soup recipe was chosen over many others recently when frugality met desperation.
I was desperate to avoid a trip to the grocery store. So decided to fix a simple supper with what was in the pantry – an onion, some potatoes, a can of evaporated milk, bouillon cubes.
And the refrigerator – a couple of carrots, a few stalks of celery, some green onion, bacon pieces, and a small hunk of cheddar.
I pulled out my Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes since I was feeling especially lazy – and scanned for an easy slow cooker potato soup recipe that called for the ingredients I had available.
There were several to choose from. With a little mixing and matching I was able to cobble together my particular version of creamy potato soup. And even managed to make it Weight Watchers friendly!
It’s hard to believe that a few humble ingredients and minimal effort can result in such a deliciously satisfying supper.
Served with toasted sourdough bread from the freezer, my guys gobbled up this tummy warming, creamy, cheesy potato soup. They declared it a winner worth repeating.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Lighter Healthier Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has 250 calories and
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this lightened up slow cooker baked potato soup, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly soup recipes including: Easy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup, Easy Zucchini Soup Recipe, Creamy CrockPot Potato Cauliflower Potato Soup, Slow Cooker Summer Vegetable Soup and Skinny Potato Leek Soup
If you’ve made this low fat Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 bouillon cubes (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 teaspooon garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, chopped cooked bacon, low fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Combine all ingredients, except evaporated milk and cheddar cheese, in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7-9 hours, or on HIGH for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in the evaporated milk during last hour of cooking.
- Mash soup with hand masher or KitchenAid Hand Blender (my tool of choice) until it's creamy. Add cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
- Taste and check for seasoning, adding more salt and/or pepper if necessary.
- Add more milk, or water, if you prefer your creamy potato soup to have a thinner consistency. Serve with your choice of toppings.
Source: This recipe inspired by Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s a video from the crock pot girls showing how to make their version of Loaded Baked Potato Soup. It’s very similar to this Weight Watchers friendly version if you just substitute canned fat free evaporated milk for the cream and less reduced fat cheese for the sharp cheddar…
More Comforting Soups for Weight Watchers
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Coconut Cauliflower & Cumin Soup (SlenderKitchen)
- Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Soup (SkinnyTaste)
- Sausage & Tortellini Tomato SoupK (EmilyBites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!