WW Recipe of the Day: Creamy Crock Pot Cauliflower Potato Soup
This cauliflower potato soup recipe proves that it's possible to create a creamy and rich tasting potato soup that's low in carbs, calories, fat and points.
I didn't really believe it was possible, but the smooth puree of cauliflower, potatoes and garlic gives the impression of being very rich, when, in reality, it's not.
How can soup made from more cauliflower than potatoes be as satisfying as traditional loaded potato soup?
I'm not sure but I'm glad it does, especially when you consider the calories/points saved!
This steamy, creamy cauliflower potato soup is super simple to make in your slow cooker (affiliate link) with just a handful of ingredients too.
At the height of holiday cookie season, lighter, healthier, satisfying soups like this help me keep my diet balanced.
Creamy Crock Pot Cauliflower Potato Soup Recipe Notes
Using a combination of cauliflower and potatoes is one of the secrets to cutting the calories, fat and carbs in this creamy cauliflower potato soup.
The other is steering clear of of dairy, except for an optional sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan for serving.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Soup?
According to my calculations each serving has 97 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this easy, healthy and creamy cauliflower potato soup, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Potato Leek Soup, Lightened Up Ham & Potato Soup, Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup with Smoked Salmon, Potato Artichoke Soup and Silky Light Potato Soup
Still not convinced?
Be sure to check out this list of 7 more Potato Soups with Low Points
If you've made this Creamy Low-Fat Cauliflower Potato Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Creamy Crock Pot Cauliflower Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 heads of cauliflower (about 1-¼ pounds each), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (substitute 2 pounds frozen cauliflower if you prefer)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart.
- Put the cauliflower, potatoes, oil, garlic, broth, water and salt and pepper, to taste, in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Let the soup cool slightly and then pour into a blender and puree until smooth. (Be careful, if it's still hot.) Taste the soup and add salt and/or pepper as needed.
- Reheat gently if needed.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with cheese, if desired.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how Beth makes her own unique rosemary potato leek soup:
More Potato Soup Recipes Made Lighter
- Baked Potato Soup (SkinnyTaste)
- Vegan Potato Soup with Beans & Kale (Cookin'Canuck)
- Lentil & Sweet Potato Stew (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Creamy Chicken & Potato Soup (SkinnyKitchen)
- Broccoli, Cheese & Potato Soup (SkinnyTaste)
Follow me on Pinterest for more Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Soup Recipes
Favorite Slow Cookers:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!