I ran across this recipe for artichoke tomato salad as I was researching artichoke recipes for last Fridays's 38 Power Foods Group post. I almost made this simple artichoke salad with tomatoes, olives and cheese, but decided on the easy whole wheat pizza with artichokes instead.
Still, I couldn't stop thinking about it and decided it was the perfect way to use up the couple of quartered artichoke hearts I had left from making the pizza. And since everything else I needed was either in the fridge or pantry, it seemed the perfect quick and easy accompaniment to our grilled turkey burgers the other night.
I love quick and easy salads like this, especially during the long hot summer here in Phoenix when you want to keep your time at the stove to a minimum.
Skinny on Artichoke Tomato Salad
This quick and easy salad is versatile too. You can give it more of a Greek flair by substituting chopped Kalamata olives for the sliced ripe olives and reduced fat feta cheese for the string cheese.
Or turn it into a main dish salad—perfect for a light lunch or dinner—by adding in a little cooked shredded rotisserie chicken or chunks of cooked Italian-style chicken sausage.
I think canned rinsed and drained chickpeas and/or tuna would be good additions too. Just remember to adjust your WW Points values according.
I have a feeling this simple tomato artichoke salad with just 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus will be making regular appearances at our house this summer.
Artichoke Tomato Salad Recipe
- 5 large tomatoes about 2 pounds, cut into wedges or chunks
- 1 jar 7-½ ounces marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 sticks of light mozzarella string cheese cut into 1-inch pieces and shredded
- 1 can 2-¼ ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients except salt and pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine everything. Enjoy immediately.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.If you liked this post and recipe for artichoke tomato salad, check out these links:
- Mediterranean-Style Bean Salad (BBC Food)
- Cooking Light's Chicken, Tomato, Artichoke Salad(MyRecipes)
- Tomato Artichoke Calzones (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!