WW Recipe of the Day: Two Bean Artichoke Salad
(98 calories | *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint)
Today I’ve got a recipe for 2-Bean Artichoke salad, aquick and easy variation on 3-Bean Salad I think you’re going to love.
Cut green beans, garbanzo beans, chopped canned artichoke hearts and chopped red bell pepper, tossed with Annie’s Light Goddess Dressing, this salad is super easy to toss together. Lower in fat and sugar than many other 3-bean salad recipes, it’s perfect for Weight Watchers.
Born of necessity, I tossed it together recently when wanting to avoid a trip to the grocery store, opting to use what I had around the house instead. The addition of chopped artichoke hearts makes for a light and delicious all-year-round salad that’s just a little bit different and can be modified in lots of ways.
2-Bean Artichoke Salad Recipe Notes
I used what I had on hand to made this 2-Bean Artichoke Salad: canned cut green beans, canned artichoke hearts, canned garbanzo beans and bottled Annie’s Light Goddess Dressing. You could easily substitute garden fresh cooked green beans and your favorite bottled or skinny homemade dressing.
As I was tossing this simple salad together, the following additions and variations came to mind:
- Another can of beans (kidney, Cannellini, wax, etc.)
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped roasted red bell peppers
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Grated parmesan or crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced or halved olives
- Fresh herbs such as parsley, basil
According to my calculations each 1/2-cup serving has just 98 calories, and *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you liked this 2-Bean Artichoke Salad be sure to check out: Warm Slow Cooker 3-Bean Salad, Trisha Yearwood’s Orzo Salad Made Lighter, Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad, Simple Cucumber Melon Salad, Skinny Homemade Salad Dressings, Chickpea & Feta Salad, 35+ Weight Watchers Friendly Salads and my favorite 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken with Artichokes & Sundried Tomatoes
If you’ve made this low calorie Vegetarian Two Bean Salad with Artichoke Hearts, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
2-Bean Artichoke Salad
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Annie's Light Goddess Dressing (substitute your favorite bottled or homemade dressing)
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and toss gently until coated with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill to allow flavors to meld if time permits.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
In this video, Dani shows you how she makes her own picnic-perfect, clean and delicious Four-Bean Salad:
More Easy Salad Recipes You Might Also Like:
- Mediterranean Bean Salad (SkinnyTaste)
- Summer Green Bean Salad (LaaLoosh)
- Roasted Potato Green Bean Salad with Basil Buttermilk Dressing (Cookin’Canuck)
- Chopped Black Bean & Corn Mason Jar Salad (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
- White Bean Caprese Salad (SkinnyTaste)
- Moroccan Spiced Shrimp Over Garbanzo Bean Salad (LaaLoosh)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!