Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Chickpea & Feta Salad
(163 calories | 5 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This easy, healthy, and delicious Chickpea and Feta Salad is another one of those winning weight watchers recipes from Weight Watcher's Weekly.
It makes a great satisfying lunch on a bed of greens and would be a nice change of pace from the typical potato salad or macaroni salad at your next summer potluck or barbecue.
I love salad for lunch, especially during the warmer months, and this Mediterranean Chickpea and Feta has been a hit since the first time I made it more than three years ago.
It's a great tasty way to fill yourself up with Weight Watchers power foods without weighing you down.
I love chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans), feta cheese, and all foods Mediterranean, so this is a definite keeper for me. The day I made it I had it for lunch and again at dinner since it was so good.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Chickpea & Feta Salad
I pretty much made the recipe as it was written the first time. The only thing I did was add a little chopped cucumber.
Since then I've modified it to suit whatever was on hand.
Tasty additions have included chopped tomato, celery, radish, olives and capers.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in this Chickpea & Feta Salad?
According to my calculations, each ½ cup serving has about 163 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy chopped chickpea & feta salad, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly salad recipes including: Grilled Chicken Greek Salad, WW Artichoke 2-Bean Salad, Trisha Yearwood's Orzo Salad Made Lighter, Greek Turkey Feta Mason Jar Salad and Skinny Chopped Greek Salad
If you've made this Mediterranean Salad with Chickpeas and Feta Cheese, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Chickpea & Feta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 garlic cloves, or to taste, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons, thinly sliced scallions
- ½ large sweet red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh, finely minced parsley
- 9 large black or green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, place the chickpeas, garlic, scallions, red bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, olives, and feta cheese. Gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil and then pour over the chickpea mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from Lifetime WW Olivia Hayward shows how she makes her own version of Chopped Greek Salad, a lunchtime staple for her:
This video from InspiredTaste demonstrates how they make their own easy chickpea salad with lemon and dill:
More Winning Weight Watchers Salad Recipes:
- Skinny Mediterranean Salad (SkinnyKitchen)
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad (LaaLoosh)
- Greek Chickpea Salad (DashingDish)
- Greek Chicken Kebab Salad (SkinnyTaste)
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad (EmilyBites)
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!