Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Chopped Greek Salad
Skinny Chopped Greek Salad. Chickpeas, cucumber, grape tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives and feta cheese tossed in a simple lemon olive oil dressing.
The recipe called for some chopped romaine but I intentionally left it out, so I could store this easy, healthy chopped Greek salad in the fridge for a couple of days without it getting soggy.
Skinny on Chopped Greek Salad
If you’re a Greek salad fan like me, this is a fun twist that holds up for a couple of days in the fridge, making it a great choice to pack for work.
I eat at home most days and love having something quick and easy ready and waiting. This salad definitely does the trick.
The chickpeas with their protein and fiber make it a little more filling too.
According to my calculations each serving has 152 calories , *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus and *4 WW SmartPoints.
I thought this salad was delicious as written, but feel free to experiment and adjust it to suit your tastes. The great thing about salads is that they hardly need a recipe at all. If you wanted to jazz it up a bit, a little oregano, chopped fresh dill, or mint would be nice. Enjoy!
Chopped Greek Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 to 19 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, pepper and salt, then set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, red bell pepper, romaine, tomatoes, red onion, and olives.
- Drizzle the dressing over the chopped salad ingredients and toss gently to coat everything with the dressing.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary, to suit your tastes. Sprinkle with the feta and serve immediately
Source: Slightly adapted from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Liked this Skinny Chopped Greek Salad You Might Also Like:
Grilled Chicken Greek Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Greek Chicken Mason Jar Salad (Organize Yourself Skinny)
Greek 7-Layer Dip (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!