Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Italian Arugula Salad
(110 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Peppery arugula, thinly sliced mushrooms, red onion and halved grape tomatoes tossed with a simple olive oil red wine vinegar dressing garnished with slivers of shaved Parmesan cheese. This is a great basic salad that complements so many dishes: pasta, pizza, sandwiches, soups, seafood, meats and more. It's become a personal favorite here at our house since being featured in the Weight Watchers Weekly back in August (8/26-9/1/12).
(I made the salad and snapped a picture before adding the dressing a couple of hours before dinner while there was still enough light to get a decent shot.)
How Many Calories and WW Points in this RECIPE?
According to my calculations, each serving has 110 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Loaded with Weight Watchers Power Foods, this Italian Arugula salad is a delicious way to boost your vegetable intake at lunch or dinner for minimal PointsPlus. To turn this salad into a heartier main dish meal you could add some chicken, tuna, salmon and/or chick peas.
I love the peppery taste of arugula, but if you don't you could always use baby spinach or mesclun instead. A few sliced black olives make a tasty addition too. Enjoy!
If you've made this Simple Italian Green Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Italian Arugula Salad
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups thinly sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced black olives optional
- 1 ounce Parmesan Cheese preferably Parmigiano Reggiano, at room temperature
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, water, olive oil, salt and pepper until well blended.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, sliced mushrooms, grape tomato halves, sliced onions, and olives if using.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad a little at a time, tossing well to coat everything with the dressing. (You may need less dressing than you have, especially if you prefer your salads lightly dressed.)
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave very thin slices of Parmesan on top of the salad and serve immediately.
- Top with
More Weight Watchers Friendly Salad Recipes
Skinny Chopped Greek Salad
Warm Goat Cheese and Fig Salad
Simple French Shredded Carrot Salad
Mixed Greens Strawberry Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese & Avocado
Simple Mixed Greens Salad with Dates and Goat Cheese
Mesclun Salad with Pears and Blue Cheese
Arugula Salad with Penne, Garbanzo Beans and Sun Dried Tomatoes (SkinnyTaste)
Santa Fe Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing (Weight Watchers)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!