Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Italian Arugula Salad
Peppery arugula, thinly sliced mushrooms, red onion and halved grape tomatoes tossed with a simple olive oil red wine vinegar dressing garnished with slivers of shaved Parmesan cheese.
This is a great basic salad that complements so many dishes: pasta, pizza, sandwiches, soups, seafood, meats and more. It's become a personal favorite here at our house since being featured in the Weight Watchers Weekly back in August (8/26-9/1/12).
(I made the salad and snapped a picture before adding the dressing a couple of hours before dinner while there was still enough light to get a decent shot.)
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Arugula Salad?
According to my calculations, each serving has 110 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Loaded with Weight Watchers Power Foods, this Italian Arugula salad is a delicious way to boost your vegetable intake at lunch or dinner for minimal Points. To turn this salad into a heartier main dish meal you could add some chicken, tuna, salmon and/or chick peas.
I love the peppery taste of arugula, but if you don't you could always use baby spinach or mesclun instead. A few sliced black olives make a tasty addition too. Enjoy!
If you've made this Simple Italian Green Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Italian Arugula Salad
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups thinly sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced black olives, optional
- 1 ounce Parmesan Cheese (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano, at room temperature)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, water, olive oil, salt and pepper until well blended.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, sliced mushrooms, grape tomato halves, sliced onions, and olives if using.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad a little at a time, tossing well to coat everything with the dressing. (You may need less dressing than you have, especially if you prefer your salads lightly dressed.)
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave very thin slices of Parmesan on top of the salad and serve immediately.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Salad Recipes
- Skinny Chopped Greek Salad
- Warm Goat Cheese and Fig Salad
- Simple French Shredded Carrot Salad
- Mixed Greens Strawberry Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese & Avocado
- Simple Mixed Greens Salad with Dates and Goat Cheese
- Mesclun Salad with Pears and Blue Cheese
- Arugula Salad with Penne, Garbanzo Beans and Sun Dried Tomatoes (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!