Today I'm tossing up a light and refreshing Orange Spinach Salad.
Baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, fresh orange sections, and a bit of sliced red onion are tossed with a zippy lime vinaigrette dressing.
Delicious anytime. Especially when the temperatures heat up and our bodies naturally crave lighter food, or in the winter when oranges are at their flavorful peak.
We enjoyed this orange spinach salad recently for dinner with simple grilled turkey burgers. And all I can really say is YUM!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Salad?
Each generous 1-⅔ cup serving has just just 117 calories and
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
What a colorful tasty way to boost your intake of nutrient rich vegetables and fruit. Enjoy!
If you've made this low calorie Orange Spinach Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Orange Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lime zest
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium naval oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, sesame seeds, sugar, lime zest and ground ginger.
- In a large salad bowl combine the spinach, oranges, mushrooms, and onion.
- Just before serving, give the dressing another whisk to combine the ingredients and drizzle it over the salad. Toss the salad until it's coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this orange spinach salad, you might also like:
- Mixed Greens and Strawberry Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese & Avocado
- 23 Weight Watchers Friendly ways to increase your fruit and vegetable intake
- Ina Garten's Avocado and Grapefruit Salad Makeover
- Spinach Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette (My Recipes)
- Spinach Salad with Pears, Almonds, and Cranberries (WeightWatchers)
- Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!