Today I’m tossing up a light and refreshing orange spinach salad.
Baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, fresh orange sections, and a bit of sliced red onion are tossed with a zippy lime vinaigrette dressing.
Delicious anytime. Especially when the temperatures heat up and our bodies naturally crave lighter food.
Everyone knows this time of year can be challenging. The thermometer is dropping and you naturally long for warm and satisfying comfort food.
Plus, the days are short. And the weather is cool.
The season of never ending string of Christmas and New Years parties all tax your willpower and endanger your waistline.
Thankfully Eat Stop Eat actually gives you the freedom to indulge in those joyful treats while still losing weight and experiencing growing energy and health.
Skinny on Orange Spinach Salad
We enjoyed this orange spinach salad recently for dinner with simple grilled turkey burgers. And all I can really say is YUM!
Each generous 1-2/3 cup serving has just 117 calories and *3 PointsPlus. What a colorful tasty way to boost your intake of nutrient rich vegetables and fruit.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lime zest
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium naval oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, sesame seeds, sugar, lime zest and ground ginger.
- In a large salad bowl combine the spinach, oranges, mushrooms, and onion.
- Just before serving, give the dressing another whisk to combine the ingredients and drizzle it over the salad. Toss the salad until it's coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
*PointsPlus® for orange spinach salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked orange spinach salad:
- My post and recipe for mixed greens and strawberry salad with chicken, goat cheese & avocado
- My post on 23 Weight Watchers Friendly ways to increase your fruit and vegetable intake
- My post and recipe for Ina Garten’s Avocado and Grapefruit Salad Makeover
- Cooking Light’s Spinach Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette (My Recipes)
- Weight Watchers Spinach Salad with Pears, Almonds, and Cranberries Recipe (WeightWatchers)
- Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe (SkinnyTaste)
- The cookbook Taste of Home: Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: New Quick & Easy Favorites: Slim Down with 427 Satisfying Recipes! full of tasty, healthy family-friendly recipes, like this one for orange spinach salad
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.