WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Kale Salad with Apples and Dates
(144 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I never thought I'd see the day when kale was trendy.
I shared my first raw kale salad recipe here on Simple Nourished Living way back in 2011, when I was enrolled in a year-long nutrition course and consciously trying to eat a wider variety of leafy greens.
While I enjoyed that salad, I can't say I loved it.
Fast forward 6 years and I now can honestly say that I LOVE kale salads and actually CRAVE them.
Who would've thunk?
My new fall favorite is kale salad with apples and dates.
Peter made it for us when he had a group of family and friends for dinner several weeks back.
Everyone commented on how much they liked it and I've made it several times since.
Skinny on Healthy Kale Salad with Apples and Dates
It couldn't be simpler; just thinly sliced kale, chopped dates, apples, slivered almonds, dried cranberries and grated Pecorino cheese tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.
The combination of tastes and textures - savory, bitter, sweet, crisp, crunchy, tangy and chewy - is a delight for your tastebuds.
According to my calculations each serving has 144 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
To turn this into a main dish salad I like to add chopped cooked chicken or turkey.
If you like this fall-inspired healthy kale salad, be sure to check out these Weight Watchers friendly salads including: Mixed Greens with Apples, Irish Cheddar, Cranberries and Walnuts, Weight Watchers Broccoli Salad, Brussels Sprouts Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing, WW Fall Fruit & Grain Salad and Healthy Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries
If you've made this Apple Date Kale Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Kale Salad with Apples and Dates
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dates
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 ounce pecorino cheese, finely grated (¼ cup)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Add the kale, toss to coat and let stand 10 minutes.
- While the kale stands, cut the dates into thin slivers and the apple into small chunks.
- Add the dates, apples, almonds, cranberries and cheese to the kale.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
Source: adapted from Food Network Kitchens
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another easy healthy recipe for raw kale salad with apples, oranges, persimmons and nuts:
More Healthy Salad Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Warm Kale Salad with Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms (Cookin'Canuck)
- WW Simply Filling Orange Cucumber Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Kale Salad with Roasted Sweet Potato, Dried Cherries, Feta & Pepitas (SkinnyTaste)
- Winter Kale & Quinoa Salad (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Trish Yearwood's Lightened Up Orzo Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Watch this short video to see how to make Kale & Cranberry Salad - the perfect addition to any healthy holiday table:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!