WW Recipe of the Day: Mixed Greens Salad with Apple, Irish Cheddar, Dried Cranberries & Toasted Walnuts
(239 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I was craving salad for lunch yesterday. I wanted something light, yet tasty and satisfying. For me a nice big salad usually fills the bill.
I’m a huge fan of salad, especially at lunch. It’s a great way to fill yourself up with a healthy dose of fresh vegetables and fruit.
But for a salad to really satisfy me it’s got to have enough interesting flavors and textures for my taste buds to say, “YUM,” not scream “DIET.”
This means including ingredients with big flavors – nuts, seeds, dried fruit and/or strong cheeses – in moderate quantities as a garnish.
And most of the time I opt for a tasty homemade dressing made with healthy oils and flavorful vinegars or citrus, instead of nonfat bottled dressing.
So, as I was walking Francie, I found my mind wandering to what I had available to turn into a satisfying salad. This is what I came up with: mixed greens, chopped Pink Lady apple, Craisins, chopped toasted walnuts and shredded Kerrygold Irish Cheddar Cheese tossed with a simple vinaigrette.
Providing a combination of crunchy, crispy, savory, sweet, and chewy flavors and textures, I found every bite a delight. Being able to savor my lovely lunchtime creation on the patio under brilliant blue skies with birds providing background music didn’t hurt either 🙂
Through the years I’ve discovered that paying attention to how and where I eat is just important as what I eat when it comes to living happy, healthy and slim.
According to my calculations, each serving has 239 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Mixed Greens Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Apple Cranberry Salad with Irish Cheddar and Toasted Walnuts
- 2-3 cups of mixed salad greens
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium medium pink lady apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette (I used a homemade vinaigrette from Jacques Pepin)
- 1/2 ounce Kerrygold Irish Cheddar, shredded (or your favorite Cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts
- Place the salad greens in a bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped apple and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss well to combine.
- Place in a serving dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese and toasted walnuts.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Salads
- Healthy Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries
- Italian Arugula Salad
- Mixed Greens with Strawberries, Goat Cheese, Avocado and Chicken
- Mesclun Salad with Pears and Blue Cheese
- Warm Goat Cheese and Fig Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!