Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Dinosaur Kale Salad
(58 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you are trying to eat more nutritious foods, kale is really hard to beat.
It’s rich in antioxidant nutrients, anti-cancer nutrients and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Dinosaur kale, which is also known as Lacinto kale, isn’t as tough as curly kale so it it works well in raw salads, like this easy dinosaur kale salad.
The Skinny on Dinosaur Kale Salad
This raw dinosaur kale salad is crunchy, colorful and delicious. The whole family enjoyed it when I made it recently and I think yours will to.
The dressing adds a flavorful punch that really perks up the vegetables and fruit.
It’s a great healthy alternative to coleslaw, colorful and brimming with Weight Watchers Power Foods.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 58 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Prepare Dinosaur (Lacinto) Kale
If you like this easy dinosaur kale salad, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly salad recipes including Simple Arugula Salad with Sunflower Seeds & Parmesan, Healthy Kale Salad with Apples & Dates, Skinny Broccoli Salad, Simple Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese & Dates and Easy Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries
If you’ve made this Kale Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Dinosaur Kale Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch dinosaur (lacinto) kale, thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 naval oranges or clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, cabbage, orange, onion, pepper, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, orange juice, vinegar and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over the kale mixture and toss well to coat everything.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like This Dinosaur Kale Salad Here are a Few More Raw Kale Salad Recipes for You
- Kale Pomegranate Pecan Salad from Dani Spies
- Raw Kale Salad with Pecorino and Lemon found at Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Fiesta Kale and Feta Salad found at Cookie + Kate
- Sesame Kale Salad from Running with Tweezers
More easy, healthy recipes you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!