WW Recipe of the Day: Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese & Dates
(118 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Mixed greens, dates, and goat cheese tossed with a simple dressing of olive oil, vinegar and soy sauce. This just may be the best. salad. ever. Super simple to make, you can toss it together in 10 minutes or less.
I keep wondering, how anything as simple as this mixed green salad with goat cheese and dates can be so delicious?
Have you ever thought of adding dates to a salad? I certainly hadn’t. And I LOVE dates.
I’ve also had them as simple appetizers—stuffed with a bit of Parmesan cheese or olive tapenade.
But this mixed green salad with goat cheese and dates was a total revelation. I’m hooked. Eating more greens is really easy when they’re this yummy!
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in this Goat Cheese Date Salad?
Easy, healthy and delicious, each side dish size serving has 118 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
I could easily eat a larger portion for a light lunch or supper.
If you’ve made this Salad with Dates and Goat Cheese, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mixed Green Salad with Dates and Goat Cheese Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed baby greens (mesclun mix)
- 1/2 cup pitted soft fresh dates (such as Medjool), quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons crumbled soft goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper.
- Place the mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add the dressing and gently toss to evenly coat the greens.
- Add the dates and goat cheese and toss gently to combine.
Source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness from Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked mixed green salad with goat cheese and dates, you might also like:
- A recipe for Kale Salad with Apples & Dates
- A recipe for simple orange date salad from Sunset at MyRecipes
- A recipe for Green Salad Jars Topped with Medjool Dates from Natural Delights
- Top Ten Ways to Use Dates from the Produce for Better Health Foundation
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!