WW Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Banana Date Coconut Cookies
Soft banana cookies with a generous amount of chopped dates and coconut and a little cornmeal for an interesting texture. Soft, chewy, and delicious.
If you're a fan of banana bread, cakes, and cookies, I think you are going to love these little gems.
Ripe bananas are a must, so wait until your bananas have lots and lots of brown speckles!
Since there's very little fat in the recipe it's the mashed banana puree that keeps these cookies moist, so be careful not to bake them too long or they will be dry.
With most cookies, it's usually best to take them out of the oven a minute sooner than later. Enjoy!
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Cookies?
According to my calculations, each cookie has about 78 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like these Banana Date Cookies with Coconut, be sure to check out my other WW friendly cookie recipes, including Banana Oatmeal Cookies, Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, Wheaties Coconut Cookies, Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies and Sugar-Free Apple Almond Cookies
If you've made these Low-Fat Banana Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Fat Soft & Chewy Banana Date Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated shortening, such as Spectrum
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup mashed banana (1 large very ripe banana)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- In a large bowl, beat together the shortening and sugar with an electric mixer until well combined. Add the egg and continue beating until light creamy. Beat in the mashed banana.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in the dates and coconut.
- Arrange the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls spaced about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from The Happy Pear shows how to make sugar-free, gluten-free Coconut Date & Banana Bites:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Cookie Recipes:
- Healthy Banana Cookies with Oats & Chocolate Chips (7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Healthy Breakfast Cookie Recipes - from my collection and other favorite blogs and websites
- 7 Ways to Make Easy Healthier Cookies - tips & tricks for lighter cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies (4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!